Quote Originally Posted by uninjured View Post
@cmoulder thanks, I rigged up a 36' glowire CRL and did prusiks w/ fisherman's knot to attach to the tarp and it feels much much better than my previous lashit setup. Also finally replaced all of my tarp guylines with it and threw the reflectit out (too bad they only got one use). Also added glowire pulls to my zippers as they are also better than reflectit.

I think I'm a Lawson convert now and will be ordering more of his stuff (ironwire, utility cordage, bear throw) when they come back in stock. Guess lashit got relegated to only hammock RLs for me.
Glad to hear you're liking your initial results. As with many things, changing to a more suitable material for the job makes all the difference. You can have a lot more fun with knots now that you're working with a cord designed for them.

And as you note, Zing-it is still useful for jobs where a nice, neat splice is preferred... I use it for tarp door closures because I like a little spliced eye on one end to attach it to the corner D-ring, and a little mini-whoopie at the other end to tweak the length a bit. Having no knots in this instance is good because it reduces tangling when I fold/bundle my tarp.

It's all about the right tool for the job.