Hammock
    Cave Creek Hammocks
    Tarp
    LiteAF 11’ Dynema
    Insulation
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Suspension
    Straps & Knots
    I have a business trip that weekend. I’ll see you all at the fall hang.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    I have a business trip that weekend. I’ll see you all at the fall hang.
    We will miss you... Business should never be done on weekends, they should reserved for fun things...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    tablecloth for now
    Tarp
    Harbor Freight
    Insulation
    Blue Foam
    Suspension
    Web & Mule Tape
    Hmmm, business trip on Cinco De Mayo - it wouldn't happen to be a trip to Mexico would it?

Hammock
    Cave Creek Hammocks
    Tarp
    LiteAF 11’ Dynema
    Insulation
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Suspension
    Straps & Knots
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Hmmm, business trip on Cinco De Mayo - it wouldn't happen to be a trip to Mexico would it?

I wish, heading back to the mothership in Cleveland for the week.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Hammock
    Cave Creek Hammocks
    Tarp
    LiteAF 11’ Dynema
    Insulation
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Suspension
    Straps & Knots
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    We will miss you... Business should never be done on weekends, they should reserved for fun things...

I’ll miss you all of you too. Was looking forward to hang in the woods. Been in a tent too long out in the desert.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    I’ll miss you all of you too. Was looking forward to hang in the woods. Been in a tent too long out in the desert.
    Use a stand

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    So could someone please recap the most current plan? I want to make sure I have the correct details. Thanks.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by kwpapke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamper Kurt View Post
    So could someone please recap the most current plan? I want to make sure I have the correct details. Thanks.
    I believe May 2nd -5th, huachuca mountains....

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    Quote Originally Posted by kwpapke View Post
    . That would include Cinco de Mayo, so I guess I'd have to bring tequila ;-)

Huachucas seem to make the most sense - the Reef Townsite camp is normally pretty empty - everyone goes up to the next CG (Ramsey) which has better views. The drive is a little more "interesting": gravel with lots of switchbacks and no guardrails. Not for the faint of heart, but well-maintained due to the CG at the end, so easily done with a sedan. No high-clearance 4WD required. I sold my Jeep and will make the drive in my Subaru.
    For now, why don't we assume the May 2-5 date to be safe. Sorry for the indecision & changes, but family event I have no control over.

--Kurt

Hammock
    tablecloth for now
    Tarp
    Harbor Freight
    Insulation
    Blue Foam
    Suspension
    Web & Mule Tape
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/coro...a/?recid=25508
    This high mountain campground and group day-use area is located on a site that was once occupied by the old mining town of Reef. That remote outpost got its name from the nearby Carr Reef, a tall band of quartzite-bearing cliffs that form the Huachuca Mountains' dramatic eastern front. Mining activity along the Reef began during the last few years of the nineteenth century and proceeded in fits and starts all the way into the 1950’s.

The property occupied by the mines and the town was returned to public ownership in 1970, and in 1988, the Forest Service constructed a campground on the townsite. A number of picnic tables and tent pads were placed within the visible outlines of old cabin foundations.

Many relics of Reef’s mining history, including the remains of the town’s old water system and miscellaneous features, are still visible in and around the campground. Evidence of old mining digs and foundations for an ore mill provide points of interest along a three-quarter-mile interpretive trail which begins and ends at the northeastern end of the campground.

Garbage bins available.

Note: Black bears in area.

At a Glance
    Current Conditions: Open Spring, Summer, and Fall. Typically closed December 15 - March 15.
    May be seasonally closed due to road conditions on Carr Canyon Road.

Reservations: Reservations can be made at Recreation.gov.
    Fees Camping: $10 per night. Picnicking or other day use in Campgrounds: $10 per day. All fees are payable by cash, check or money order at the time you occupy the site. Make check or money order payable to "USDA Forest Service."Picnicking or other day use in Campgrounds: $10 per day. All fees are payable by cash, check or money order at the time you occupy the site. Make check or money order payable to "USDA Forest Service."
    Usage: Light
    Restrictions: Trailer Camping is 12 feet and less. Longer trailers and motor homes cannot negotiate the switchbacks on Carr Canyon Road. No utility hookups. Pets need to be on a leash at all times. Pack and saddle stock are not permitted in campground or picnic area. Properly licensed motorbikes may be used only for entering or leaving campgrounds. Limit 2 vehicles and 10 persons per site. 14 day stay limit.
    Closest Towns: Near the end of Carr Canyon Road on the “Reef” rock formation in the Huachuca Mountains.
    Water: No drinking water available
    Restroom: Toilets
    Operated By: Sierra Vista Ranger District
    Information Center: Sierra Vista Ranger District 520-378-0311
    General Information
    Accessibility:
    Accessible to persons with disabilities.

Directions:
    From Tucson, Arizona: drive east on I-10 to exit 302 to State Route 90. Drive south 25 miles through Sierra Vista. Proceed 8 miles south of Sierra Vista on State Route 92 and turn west onto Carr Canyon Road/Forest Road 368.

General Notes:
    Natural Features:

This site rests on the "Reef" rock formations in the in the Huachuca Mountains. At an elevation of 7,200 feet, it provides a cool respite from the heat of surrounding lower deserts in summer.

The Coronado National Forest covers 1.78 million acres of southeastern Arizona and southwestern New Mexico. Elevations range from 3,000 to 10,720 feet in 12 widely scattered mountain ranges, or "sky islands," that rise dramatically from the desert floor, supporting biologically diverse plant communities.

Recreation:

Reef Townsite Loop Trail, an interpretive trail that highlights the mining history of this area and showcases beautiful views, begins and ends at the northeastern edge of the campground.

The national forest has a variety of hiking and mountain biking trails for those who wish to leave the facility for a day trip.

Facilities:

Reef Townsite can accommodate one group of up to 50 people at a time. Facilities include a picnic shelter that contains six picnic tables, two large group barbecue grills and two food preparation tables, as well as toilets, a parking area and a large shaded area for tents.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Re...!4d-110.291112

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast