Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    RSBTR UL DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Zepplin
    Suspension
    B.Buckles
    I've tried every iteration of the tarp worms. Almost every piece of bug shaped bling. And run a custom longer version of Dutch's CRL or Hansen's duel V CRL with dutch stuff.

Honestly, they all perform fantastic. Love the CRL and million ways to do it. Love the little things that are more unique and preference than anything. At this point, I pick a new combination for every new project. However, a recent gash in the left hand has made the Tarp/silk/hookworms difficult to use so I've switched to a lazy-man's UCR and just run Prusik soft-shackles at each tarp corner on six feet of (dutch) Zing-it. Between four tarps and eight hammocks (made for my students) I've given up half of my daughter's college funds in Dutch gear. Probably doesn't help that I show up to their door once or twice a week.

Cheers,
    GTP

TLDR; there is always a fun option in Dutch's catalog.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I like and use Wasps, Flyz, Dutch clips and biners.
    The Dutch biners would be my favorite. I think they look majestic.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Hexon 1.6 wide netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Bandit / JRB
    Suspension
    dependes
    I have found I really like to use a Continuous ridgeline with a dutch fly on one end on a split ring and then a dutch hook spliced into the other end which i attach to a small loop of zing it on the other split ring. It works out beautifully and everytime I hang it up its bling to the rescue.

So many ways and tools to work with but accomplish things. Just like personal style.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I have several store bot and homeade ridgelines but the one I carry in winter when the chips might be going down is a Dutch made grey lash it with wasp,soft shackles,and Dutch hook.Dutch's soft shackles work fine for me and the Wasp is about as foolproof a piece of gear as it gets.

Hammock
    Hammock Gear - 1.6 with Net
    Tarp
    UGQ - WD 12'
    Insulation
    HG Burrow + Incub.
    Suspension
    Straps + Buckle.
    I'm a newb but I just built my first CRL using a Wasp & Dutch hook. I have Fleaz on the tie-outs with elastic collars. I also bought some Beatle Buckels for my hammock suspension.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kevperro View Post
    I'm a newb but I just built my first CRL using a Wasp & Dutch hook. I have Fleaz on the tie-outs with elastic collars. I also bought some Beatle Buckels for my hammock suspension.
    That's a very solid all-around setup and should serve you well for a long time in any conditions.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ - WD 12'
    Insulation
    HG Burrow + Incub.
    Suspension
    Straps + Buckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    That's a very solid all-around setup and should serve you well for a long time in any conditions.
    I'm sure I'll be jiggering around and playing with different things.

One thing for sure..... Dutch doesn't mess around when it comes to shipping. I placed an order the other day and before I could tie a slippery half-hitch I had a tracking number in my Inbox!

You need to lay off the Red Bull in the morning Dutch! I like when you ship slow because that way I get to savor with anticipation the arrival of my new bits.

Hammock
    DUTCH CHAMELEON
    Tarp
    DUTCH XENON HEX
    Insulation
    DOWN
    Suspension
    BEETLE BUCKLES
    I’m in the exact same boat as you except no hardware on the guylines, just a loop of shock cord with zing-it clove hitched onto it and another clove for the stake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ - WD 12'
    Insulation
    HG Burrow + Incub.
    Suspension
    Straps + Buckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by tessiea View Post
    I’m in the exact same boat as you except no hardware on the guylines, just a loop of shock cord with zing-it clove hitched onto it and another clove for the stake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well.... I've done some tarp camping on backpacking trips (on the ground) and I never used any hardware bling before now. I used knots... truckers hitches work great on line-outs.

I do prefer thicker cord than this Zing-It, Zip-It, Tangle-It or whatever 1.75 flavor is in vouge. It doesn't need to lift a Mack Truck but the thicker cord is easier to tie and tangles less. For the amount of cord we carry the weight difference is negligable so I fail to see a reason to use Tangle-It over a thicker easier to use cord if you don't want to use Dutch's magic Titanium bug hardware.

I'm going to give it a go though. I can always switch back to thicker cord and knots if the Titanium bugs don't win me over.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Well.... I've done some tarp camping on backpacking trips (on the ground) and I never used any hardware bling before now. I used knots... truckers hitches work great on line-outs.

I do prefer thicker cord than this Zing-It, Zip-It, Tangle-It or whatever 1.75 flavor is in vouge. It doesn't need to lift a Mack Truck but the thicker cord is easier to tie and tangles less. For the amount of cord we carry the weight difference is negligable so I fail to see a reason to use Tangle-It over a thicker easier to use cord if you don't want to use Dutch's magic Titanium bug hardware.

I'm going to give it a go though. I can always switch back to thicker cord and knots if the Titanium bugs don't win me over.
    That's what I love about the 2-2.2mm stuff (Lawson or Dutchware). Pretty much impossible to tangle. Great for knots, but always able to untie them. Easy to grip and work with.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast