Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Lightbulb Stacking quilts on the Ridgerunner

Here's how I'm using my regular , gathered end style, overstuffed CDT UQ stacked with my overstuffed CDT Lynx clone. Super simple, just long loops of shock cord on each corner to a micro S biner.... That's it. I used a fisherman's knot so I can adjust the size of the shock cord loop, which snuggle the quilts UP the small I make them. My standard 2QZQ UQP also fits the RR as well and keeps cold wind from blowing down and inbetween the 2 quilts. It's supposed to get down to 34° tonight, so I'll be plenty warm with this set up. On top, I am really pushing my 40° Econ Burrow ZIP, but I've got it supplemented with the Snugpak Thermalon TQ liner and will be wearing a good set of base layers, wool socks, fleece vest & gloves and either my UGQ down simply if I can find it or a balaclava. I'll be more than warm enough with that quilt and clothing combo I think. It not, I can always fun inside and grab my overstuffed CDT TQ and stack it inside the Burrow! Now that would be plenty warm in its own into the teens proly!

" The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Sweet!! Looking good!!!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I haven't tried my -10° Burrow on the RR yet so I hope it fits as well as the CDT does. It's a short length, so we'll see! I'm sure i can rig it up the same way I have the CDT UQ with shock cord loops on each corner to give me some adjustments if needed though . How do you guys stack Quilts on your RR's ??? Have you tried it before??? Any tips or tricks???
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    Sweet!! Looking good!!!
    Why thank you! And yes , the bugnet is already back on.... I still have nightmares from that FB post the other day lol. No Fing way your EVER gonna catch me even remotely close to Australia! They have spiders that will kill and eat a 'roo , no thank you! And I thought the wolf spiders and assassin bugs I have were bad, that was just ridiculous. They webb'd the ENTIRE **** tree! Come on now, really? What if someone was hanging from it? I've been trapped in my hammock due to webs before but not like what that would be!

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Why thank you! And yes , the bugnet is already back on.... I still have nightmares from that FB post the other day lol. No Fing way your EVER gonna catch me even remotely close to Australia! They have spiders that will kill and eat a 'roo , no thank you! And I thought the wolf spiders and assassin bugs I have were bad, that was just ridiculous. They webb'd the ENTIRE **** tree! Come on now, really? What if someone was hanging from it? I've been trapped in my hammock due to webs before but not like what that would be!
    When that guy posted that, before I even read what he said, you came to mind! I cant blame you tho!!! I cant even begin to imagine what Aussies deal with at that time of year, but I imagine myself stepping off my porch with a flame thrower with a fuel pack on my back like a dang video game!!!!

But confession time. I ordered a crappy UQ....and I cant for the life of me figure out how to get it hooked up to my wbbb. Now I am thinking I will go to the hansens point hang this weekend and see what the guys there can offer help wise

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    It has been in the twenties this past week here in the Bitterroot. Perfect sunny fall days with cold frosty nights. I epoxied part of my concrete floor and have been sleeping out side while the toxic stink dissipates...soon I hope. I have a Arrowhead Design's Ridgecreek left over from my WBRR and a HG Phoenix 20* that I have been stacking under my Hammocktent 90*. Since both are 3/4 UQs I offset the quilts for complete coverage. It has been working fine. Plus the moonlight has been superb too.

My border collie actually has been looking forward to "roughing it" and has been using the Alcott pup tent. At least until I get POed at her barking at the horses and sheep in the pasture next door. I know it is her "job", but enough is enough, and it is time to toss her in the Tacoma topper for some peace and quiet.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    It has been in the twenties this past week here in the Bitterroot. Perfect sunny fall days with cold frosty nights. I epoxied part of my concrete floor and have been sleeping out side while the toxic stink dissipates...soon I hope. I have a Arrowhead Design's Ridgecreek left over from my WBRR and a HG Phoenix 20* that I have been stacking under my Hammocktent 90*. Since both are 3/4 UQs I offset the quilts for complete coverage. It has been working fine. Plus the moonlight has been superb too.

My border collie actually has been looking forward to "roughing it" and has been using the Alcott pup tent. At least until I get POed at her barking at the horses and sheep in the pasture next door. I know it is her "job", but enough is enough, and it is time to toss her in the Tacoma topper for some peace and quiet.
    Excellent! Nice improvisation with the 2 ¾ lengths!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    When that guy posted that, before I even read what he said, you came to mind! I cant blame you tho!!! I cant even begin to imagine what Aussies deal with at that time of year, but I imagine myself stepping off my porch with a flame thrower with a fuel pack on my back like a dang video game!!!!

But confession time. I ordered a crappy UQ....and I cant for the life of me figure out how to get it hooked up to my wbbb. Now I am thinking I will go to the hansens point hang this weekend and see what the guys there can offer help wise
    Which UQ did you buy? All hope might not be lost.... Remember which site your on right now lol. I'm sure there's a way to get it rigged, and I'm sure your not the first to get that UQ for a BB either, lol. Pics or a link to the UQ would be a huge help too if you can.

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Which UQ did you buy? All hope might not be lost.... Remember which site your on right now lol. I'm sure there's a way to get it rigged, and I'm sure your not the first to get that UQ for a BB either, lol. Pics or a link to the UQ would be a huge help too if you can.
    Lol an amazon 35 buck special!!! I will find the pics and show u!

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    I think I just need longer paracord than what it came with

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast