Hammock
    HH Jungle Safari Zip
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon Poly
    Insulation
    HH Pad Wool Fleece
    Suspension
    Stock
    It's always something. Just last week I welded my spare receiver hitch up to the front of my tractor so I could more easily slip equipment trailers around out back. I had initially thought I'd make it removable in the event I could utilize it elsewhere but then thought, naa, I won't need it for anything else. hrrumph ...

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images

So far so good! I used metal bed frames for the hammock stand and 10 bucks of stainless steel hardware to put it together. A drill and a cutting wheel on the angle grind is all that was necessary. From end to end it’s 10 Feet, a perfect fit for the blackbird. My tarps are too long so I’ll custom made one but I can use normal tarp materials because this is car camping and doesn’t have to be lightweight. I’ll get another video with more details.

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    pretty awesome

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    7AFDDDC5-8286-4CB6-8E5E-C7EB17178CAA.jpg
    I found this old ez-up pop up tent side, it’s got perfect dimensions. It will take a bit of tweaking to get it right. I’d like to have no attachments to the ground at all but completely from the vehicle. I can see this whole system coming in quite handy on road trips!

Hammock
    Chameleon, Halfwit
    Tarp
    DIY DynaFly
    Insulation
    EE TQ & UQ,
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spidennis View Post
    7AFDDDC5-8286-4CB6-8E5E-C7EB17178CAA.jpg
    I found this old ez-up pop up tent side, it’s got perfect dimensions. It will take a bit of tweaking to get it right. I’d like to no have to attach to the ground at all but completely from the vehicle. I can see this whole system coming in quite handy on road trips!
    Pretty sweet, indeed.

I'd be playing with the rear open so I had access to the interior from the hammock and wrap my tarp on that side over the top.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Be what Is to Become
    Become what Is to Be
    Make the Future
    Given Thee...

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Looks like it will work. Your's is the first video that I saw that had a tarp deployed which I think is critical.

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    Looks like it will work. Your's is the first video that I saw that had a tarp deployed which I think is critical.
    Certainly the tarp on all the other systems had been completely overlooked. Last night I had a successful overnight backyard hang. Yes, I can get my Jeep into the backyard, I’m a corner lot. Yes my quick tarp test has it’s flaws which before the rain comes this morning I made a few improvements on. Think of a trailer awning. It has an edge pole, kinda like a ridge pole but out onto the end. Then it has poles holding it out. It is still staked down but it could be sand bags or such. Again this is just another quick mock-up for feasibility. I did this all in the dark cause I kinda fell asleep way too early last night! Got to wait for the sun to come up before I can take photos. Anyway I’m in my hammock right now testing before the work day starts up.

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    97CA84A9-8921-407B-AD00-C2841C8C52F1.jpg
    Well it looks like crap but seems to be working, as a mock-up anyway. The trailer awning idea seems the direction the process is taking me but I can see it taking much more time to set up than the hammock. I am hopeful for something much quicker.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    I've hung several times between my roof rack and a handy tree/pole. I've also built one of these stand for the back porch and those times when there's absolutely no trees/poles available: https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...od-style-stand

I'm not sure of the driving factor to have it totally off the ground and supported by the vehicle. Are you planning to move the vehicle with your hammock and tarp set up? Is this so you can set up in a parking lot or somewhere else that you can't sink stakes? Even the rooftop tents that are now the rage have ladders and all manner of doo-dads hanging off that prevent the vehicle moving when they're deployed.

If I really wanted to hang on the beach from my vehicle I'd combine these two ideas. Build a bipod using some tarp brackets or whatever you have handy. Rig up a ridge pole from the swaged pieces of fence top rail. Attach one end to your roof rack using some manner of clip or u-bolt arrangement.

When you're done you'd be hanging in any direction from the vehicle you want (straight out the back, out to one side, etc). For easy tarp rigging the decision would be up to you. This wouldn't be totally free standing but would be pretty cheap to make, compact, etc. I'm kicking around a similar setup using my current stand. Problem is I made all my legs and the ridgeline 7' sections. They fit great on the roof rack but are too long to go on my hitch hauler or inside.

I do have a start of a similar stand using some of the 4' camo netting poles that would serve the same purpose....maybe I'll break those out to experiment with ;-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast