Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa

Ridge Runner and Tensa Stand

I see WB is now selling the Tensa stand and I'm wondering how the RR fits on it. From all the pics I see the suspension triangles seem too long to work properly with the limited spread of the Tensa poles.

I'd really like to combine these two but can't see how they will work together.

Has anyone tried this and have thoughts to share ... thanks.

Images
    I only tried my RR and Tensa4 together very briefly without much tinkering. I found my main concern was the longer head-end spreader bar interfering with the Tensa poles. I still have to revisit.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Shug-approved. It works. WB and TO exchanged merchandise early to assure compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    I see WB is now selling the Tensa stand and I'm wondering how the RR fits on it. From all the pics I see the suspension triangles seem too long to work properly with the limited spread of the Tensa poles.

I'd really like to combine these two but can't see how they will work together.

Has anyone tried this and have thoughts to share ... thanks.
    Yes good question Danalex, and I am really interested to hear from people who are using this combination as well. And I am very tempted to buy one of these. A quote from the Warbonnet website does indicate that the Tensa 4 and the WBRR is a recommended combo:
    "It will accommodate any gathered-end hammock on the market, up to 12′ long, as well as some bridge (Warbonnet Ridgerunner) and transverse (Amok Draumr) hammocks. Unlike many portable hammock stands, ours supports full-size hammocks with a deep 30° sag for comfortable sleeping on the diagonal, while still offering good seat height."

Edited to say, I just say the photo of Shug's full approval, that Tensa 4 stand has just moved way up on my wish list.
    Last edited by dblhmmck; 10-09-2018 at 21:02.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post

Shug-approved. It works. WB and TO exchanged merchandise early to assure compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    from here that looks like a lot of sag for for what I'm used to in a bridge hammock, when he's laying down how flat of a lay is he getting?

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I only tried my RR and Tensa4 together very briefly without much tinkering. I found my main concern was the longer head-end spreader bar interfering with the Tensa poles. I still have to revisit.
    Interesting. That pic of Shug sitting up doesn't indicate how close the bar gets to the poles when laying down ... I guess shortening the suspension triangles on the RR would only bring the bar closer to the stand.

Images
    Laying down would bring the spreader bars closer to the stand poles, too.

I believe Latherdome when he says the combination will work. I'll have to set these up again to see for myself. As I mentioned, in my first attempt things didn't look immediately promising, but I trust that the inventor knows what he is talking about.

Images
    And is it just me, or does the head-end triangle look much shorter than the foot-end triangle in that pic? I believe the two triangles are normally the same length without tinkering.

As Shug mentions in his video overview of the stand, there is tweaking involved. A little geometric problem-solving isn't a bad thing. But I'll be following this thread, in addition to wanting to try this combination again for myself.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Hate to be skeptical but with the RR overcover it's like $650 or $700 for the combo and that's a lot of money to invest in a stand and hammock so I want to be sure I'll be happy with how they combine.

I looked at WB's website but didn't see the minimum distance the RR needs for hanging properly, I'm wondering how the two dimensions compare.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Hate to be skeptical but with the RR overcover it's like $650 or $700 for the combo and that's a lot of money to invest in a stand and hammock so I want to be sure I'll be happy with how they combine.

I looked at WB's website but didn't see the minimum distance the RR needs for hanging properly, I'm wondering how the two dimensions compare.

EDIT .... yes it does look shorter, one would think making the foot end shorter would bring the head end bar further away from the poles ... unless the triangulation effect of the stand makes it pointless or if the foot end is shortened will that effect the tipping point of the stand and over you go

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast