Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Amazing! Do you happen to know the length of that ridge line?
    I didn’t measure, but the webbing was maxed out. Next time I have it out I’ll measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wookiedrool View Post
    I didn’t measure, but the webbing was maxed out. Next time I have it out I’ll measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! If someone here knows that max length of the RL, and chimes in, you won't have to measure.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Glad you figured it out. I don't have the commercial version, just the DIY model. I've never been able to make it work with my Ridge Runner and gave up. It works great with my gathered end rigs but the RR magic has escaped me.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
    Brady

measurement of RidgeRunner suspension lines

My RidgRunner has the newer style of dog bones which attach directly with a lark's head to the webbing that runs along either side of the hammock body. Then away from the hammock the two dog bones at each end come together and are lark's headed to a single loop of amsteel to attach to a tree, etc.
    Assembled, the single loop on either end is 200mm, and the dog bones measured from the centre of the suspension pole to the knot are 1085mm.
    I would very much like to hear if there are different lengths to these from people who can successfully hang a RidgeRunner with a Tensa4 stand. I can't yet. I know it works for some people, but what are those measurements on yours, please?
    200mm is 7.87" or 7 7/8"
    1085mm is 42.7" or 42 11/16"

Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Head of the RR: The small amsteel continuous loop was put over the closer of the head poles..
    I don't completely trust my understanding of this. You put the small loop over one of the poles and let it slide down until it rested against the loop that holds the poles together?

Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    The foot end: The triangular suspension was put over the closer of the foot poles and then each side was looped over that pole.
    The two dog bones that form the triangle are lark's headed onto the small loop. If I put the triangle over the pole I expect the load to pull the ends of the dog bones apart as the lark's head unravels. Can you explain what you do more, please?

Thanks.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    BillyBob58, if you were asking about the distance between the RR dogbones, WB suggests 13 ft. One of my adventure partners prefers 12 ft (considers it less tippy). I've seen photos where the solution was not to cross the two "V's" at the bottom. They were separated by a few feet and held from slipping by a line from the pole bottoms to the end anchor. And you'd need a line at the bottom of both sets of "V's" to keep those ends from spreading - as the one strap is used when crossed in the standard setup.

The photos of the bridge in the middle of the standard setup - achieved by locking the dogbones around the pole top and setting the ground ends closer together are inspiring. It can be done!
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    BillyBob58, if you were asking about the distance between the RR dogbones, WB suggests 13 ft. One of my adventure partners prefers 12 ft (considers it less tippy). I've seen photos where the solution was not to cross the two "V's" at the bottom. They were separated by a few feet and held from slipping by a line from the pole bottoms to the end anchor. And you'd need a line at the bottom of both sets of "V's" to keep those ends from spreading - as the one strap is used when crossed in the standard setup.

The photos of the bridge in the middle of the standard setup - achieved by locking the dogbones around the pole top and setting the ground ends closer together are inspiring. It can be done!
    Yep, just as I thought but could not remember for sure: 13 ft. Which tells me that I need a distance of 13 ft between the Tensa poles. EXCEPT the WB suggested 13 ft (between trees I think) includes some small amount for suspension (such as my cinch buckle). So, maybe 12 or 12.5 ft between the Tensa poles would achieve the correct hammock tension? I agree with you, "The photos of the bridge in the middle of the standard setup..............are inspiring "
    I can't play with any of it right now since my WBRR is on loan out to my buddy in NC.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Note that WB also suggests the hang angle can be around 25° rather than the GE standard of 30°.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567