Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Just one additional piece of info... the RR suspension can be shortened a bit by removing the apex buckles and continuous loops from the ends of the suspension. Then you are left with 2 dog bones at each of the head / foot ends. One end of each dog bone is attached to the corner buckle of the suspension and the other end of each dog bone will be a loop unattached to anything. So those can be attached to the Tensa stand (for example) by using another dog bone, continuous loop, soft shackle, etc.

Removing the apex buckles and CL's from the suspension probably shortens the overall span by about 12 inches total.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    Interesting. That pic of Shug sitting up doesn't indicate how close the bar gets to the poles when laying down ... I guess shortening the suspension triangles on the RR would only bring the bar closer to the stand.
    Here are two more pictures. And yes some tweaking is involved to get it right.
    Had I spent more time adjusting I could have gotten an even better hang with the RR but I use gathered end hammocks mostly.
    Shug

Me laying in it

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    thanks for the pics ...

Q ... is the lay you have there the same as you would get if you strung between two trees where you might it tighter and end up flatter or am I barking up the wrong tree so to speak lol

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Interesting. That pic of Shug sitting up doesn't indicate how close the bar gets to the poles when laying down ... I guess shortening the suspension triangles on the RR would only bring the bar closer to the stand.
    thanks for the pics ...

Q ... is the lay you have there the same as you would get if you strung between two trees where you might it tighter and end up flatter or am I barking up the wrong tree so to speak lol
    Close. But I did not mess around with it on my Tensa4 that long.
    See my RR tree lay in video below.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    10 x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopee or UCR
    Shug, my Liege. I know you get bored with bridge hammocks, but a growing number of your fan base like me is in love with the Ridgerunner due to aging and related physical challenges. I just bought a Tensa 4, and am having trouble making the wider head end spreader bars cooperate with the Tensa poles. When you are in a charitable mood, could you do some more tinkering? Long live King Shug! "Heavy is the head that wears the crown."
    Last edited by Larry Vickery; 02-26-2019 at 12:08.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Ridge Runner and Tensa Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickery View Post
    Shug, my Liege. I know you get bored with bridge hammocks, but a growing number of your fan base like me is in love with the Ridgerunner due to aging and related physical challenges. I just bought a Tensa 4, and am having trouble making the wider head end spreader bars cooperate with the Tensa poles. When you are in a charitable mood, could you do some more tinkering? Long live King Shug! "Heavy is the head that wears the crown."
    I have been surprised to see Shug’s bridge setup. I couldn’t make it work so well with the base so wide. I have instead set it up with the base very narrow, about 3-4 feet only. This puts the poles under the spreaders, not beside them. Same with JRB BMB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Latherdome; 02-26-2019 at 12:12.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    10 x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopee or UCR
    Hey, I just saw your post. I think that's the solution! Can't wait to try it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    I have been surprised to see Shug’s bridge setup. I couldn’t make it work so well with the base so wide. I have instead set it up with the base very narrow, about 3-4 feet only. This puts the poles under the spreaders, not beside them. Same with JRB BMB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    +1 Narrow baseline does the trick.

I also recommend using as little suspension as possible beyond the apex buckle, where the 2 dog bones meet. I've had success wrapping the stock continuous loop once around the Tensa pole (not just hanging the loop over the pole, but wrapping it once to shorten it), or skipping the stock continuous loop and putting the apex buckle directly over the Tensa pole. Hard to make out from the photo above what is actually attaching to the stand. But the bar clearance in the photo looks comparable to setups I've used.

I believe Shug's solution involved somehow shortening at least one of the suspension triangles.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    10 x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopee or UCR

Tensa 4 Bridge Hammock Spreader Bar Solution

Laterdome's simple solution works nicely! I narrowed my footprint and it worked well to clear the head end spreader bar. No shortening of the apex triangle is required. Thanks!
    Last edited by Larry Vickery; 03-01-2019 at 10:58. Reason: clarification

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    that's good news, I really want the combo but was very hesitant about it working well together in spite of Shug's video.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast