Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images

PAK IT LIGHT HAMMOCK USERS

As of late iv'e really got into short hammocks that offer comfort like an 11'. This is also due to limited real estate in my bike packing bags. I have been having unbelievable comfort in my 9'10" Uk hammocks Woodsman x...then i stumbled upon Tony's PAk It Lite LLC. I plan on pulling the trigger on a Lightfoot Scout.. It's a 8' hammock with a 11' lay on the diagonal. For PAk It Lite owners whats your experience with this hammock? Comfort? Flat lay? Ease of finding the sweet spot? Likes & dislikes if any? Thanks for any help in advance!
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    The Pak It Light threads have tended to be some of the most entertaining on these forums. They are, apparently, magic hammocks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    I hear you on the limited volume of bikepacking, ShortRound, but an extra 1-2' of hammock length doesn't have that much impact, at least not in a lightweight fabric. I've found that cutting bulk in other places makes more sense -- having a well-fitted bug net, only as much tarp as I really need, carefully selected clothing, etc.

That Pak-It-Lite hammock weighs a full pound! I have to think that heavy of a fabric will also not pack down very small. An 11' single-layer netless from Dutch in Hexon 1.6oz fabric (not even the lightest choice) only weighs 11.8oz.

But I've never seen a Pak-It in person...maybe some others who have one will chime in.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KBr00ks View Post
    I hear you on the limited volume of bikepacking, ShortRound, but an extra 1-2' of hammock length doesn't have that much impact, at least not in a lightweight fabric. I've found that cutting bulk in other places makes more sense -- having a well-fitted bug net, only as much tarp as I really need, carefully selected clothing, etc.

That Pak-It-Lite hammock weighs a full pound! I have to think that heavy of a fabric will also not pack down very small. An 11' single-layer netless from Dutch in Hexon 1.6oz fabric (not even the lightest choice) only weighs 11.8oz.

But I've never seen a Pak-It in person...maybe some others who have one will chime in.
    I totally hear you on all these points. The total pack volume of a bike pack setup is limited compared to a 50-60L back pack , so when getting into bike packing i had to make big decisions on the shake down of my setup. As mentioned for those trips i take my Uk hammocks woodsman x which a 9' 10" hammock with the comfort of a 11'. It made me rethink how i feel about hammocks & design. Somehow Uk hammocks pulled off something for a short hammock that iv'e not experienced with any us companies...a short hammock with comfort of an 11'.

This past year i went on a hammock tourist binge to buy & test whats out there..I bought & owed almost every hammock known in the cottage vendor world or tested the best. Tried most popular fabrics from robic 1.0, 1.2, hexon 1.0-1.6, hyper d , 70 d, 1.1 rsbtr.... etc etc so very familiar with weights , comfort & feels. I think part of my quest is exhausting my curiosity about gathered end hammocks & really knowing , seeing what i might be missing. It could be a hit, could be a miss.

I figure $58 isn't that steep of a dive but thought id ask to save some time. Thanks for the input.
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Wow, so you have tried everything! Except this Pak-It. In that case it will be interesting to read your impressions.

I went from a 9'+ ENO precursor to a homemade 10'4" 1.0 ROBIC XL. The difference in finding the right lay is amazing. I may make a cheap 11' just to try that, but the problem then is needing a longer tarp, which of course adds more bulk. The old hammock is also pretty narrow, though, as well, which made it tough to get really diagonal. My feet also flopped out the side unless I was really careful. So maybe short + wide would work (though I don't know, geometry-wise, if that would really save on weight/volume).

Side note: have been curious to try a DCF tarp, but apparently, that fabric does not pack down as small as silnylon/silpoly, despite the lighter weight. I would still like to see one in person to compare.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    The Pak It Light threads have tended to be some of the most entertaining on these forums. They are, apparently, magic hammocks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Yes , I went searching around & there was some heat going on in those threads
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
    As of late iv'e really got into short hammocks that offer comfort like an 11'. This is also due to limited real estate in my bike packing bags. I have been having unbelievable comfort in my 9'10" Uk hammocks Woodsman x...then i stumbled upon Tony's PAk It Lite LLC. I plan on pulling the trigger on a Lightfoot Scout.. It's a 8' hammock with a 11' lay on the diagonal. For PAk It Lite owners whats your experience with this hammock? Comfort? Flat lay? Ease of finding the sweet spot? Likes & dislikes if any? Thanks for any help in advance!
    HOw is it I haven't heard of this? This dude looks like he has his s**t dialed in. Please give us a complete review when you get one. I am totally intrigued. I like his logic on how to set up the hang - head end near the tree - foot end possible longer line - all mathmatically sound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    agree, the OP wants a users opinion about a particular hammock not a discussion of why some others might be better. I'd like to hear more about the Pack-It Lite hammocks as well. It is an intriguing concept and I did some research but mostly got a lot of naysaying posts by people who never tried one.

• + New Posts