Hammock
    Hennessy Exp Ultralight Zip
    Tarp
    Hummingbird Heron
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Hummingbird Straps
    great video- would love some more info about the trail.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by INhammockcamper View Post
    great video- would love some more info about the trail.
    Excellent...you can read more at www.cumberlandtrail.org and find maps at www.cumberlandtrail.guide including interactive mapping.
    Also https://tnstateparks.com/parks/cumberland-trail

Since this trail is still under construction in sections there isn't as much info as needed. Some sections are well used and some are less. The closer you get to Chattanooga the more worn and used the trails are and vice-versa for the northern part of the state.
    What i love the most about the CT is the solitude and beautiful country. The few people you may see are very friendly. Sometimes i don't see anybody.

Also available are geo-referenced pdf maps on the Avenza app/website and also on the state's website linked about.

Give it a try...and hope to see you on the trail. If so, say hi! I'm starting to get known on that trail!
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp Ultralight Zip
    Tarp
    Hummingbird Heron
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Hummingbird Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by TiedUp View Post
    Excellent...you can read more at www.cumberlandtrail.org and find maps at www.cumberlandtrail.guide including interactive mapping.
    Also https://tnstateparks.com/parks/cumberland-trail

Since this trail is still under construction in sections there isn't as much info as needed. Some sections are well used and some are less. The closer you get to Chattanooga the more worn and used the trails are and vice-versa for the northern part of the state.
    What i love the most about the CT is the solitude and beautiful country. The few people you may see are very friendly. Sometimes i don't see anybody.

Also available are geo-referenced pdf maps on the Avenza app/website and also on the state's website linked about.

Give it a try...and hope to see you on the trail. If so, say hi! I'm starting to get known on that trail!
    thank you! I use Gaia app on my phone. I hear they are working on a geo referenced pdf function. I downloaded Avenza but haven't used it yet.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by INhammockcamper View Post
    thank you! I use Gaia app on my phone. I hear they are working on a geo referenced pdf function. I downloaded Avenza but haven't used it yet.
    If you know how and have the right tools, you can geo-reference your own maps. However...for .99 ea i will just buy them. A lot of National Parks/BLM has them for free download. The State of Tenn does not. For $2.97 i bought the maps that saved my bacon on this trail.
    The advantage of DIY maps is that you can add your own notes and POIs in there. Instead i just took my noted and POI'ed paper maps and referenced those as needed.
    You can only have 3 active maps at a time with Avenza if you're using it for free...which is plenty of maps for one trip usually. It covered our 50 miles. If you are thru-hiking the AT it would be best to pay for the subscription so you can have all the active maps you could possibly want.
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I just entered 2nd video of series into the OP

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12