Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images

VA, 7th Grayson Falls Festival, Sept 28-30 Trip Report

Had been looking forward to attending this hang for a long time but things did not work out the way I hoped. A pesky little hurricane paid us a visit a couple of weeks ago and The Terminator ended up not being able to go.

Sam I am and I got there late Thursday afternoon. Saw a flock of turkeys by the turn to the campgrounds. Hickery and Slowhike were already there and had the new and improved Son of Big Blue up. Got my rig set up just in time as it started to rain soon after. That slight rainfall went from annoying to a full out gully washer but we were able to stay dry under the tarp.

Hickery gave Slowhike and me a Maple King decal which will soon be displayed on my car.

Don't know what happen but I was sweating and feeling nauseated most of the night so I packed up and left Friday AM. Made for the second shortest group hang I have attended . If it had been just me at the hang I would have stayed in the hammock to see if I go better but as I had Sam I Am with me and no one to help watch him, I decided it would not be fair to keep him in the car.

I did see several deer by the entrance to park when I left.

Hope the weather clears and everyone has a good time.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Had been looking forward to attending this hang for a long time but things did not work out the way I hoped. A pesky little hurricane paid us a visit a couple of weeks ago and The Terminator ended up not being able to go.

Sam I am and I got there late Thursday afternoon. Saw a flock of turkeys by the turn to the campgrounds. Hickery and Slowhike were already there and had the new and improved Son of Big Blue up. Got my rig set up just in time as it started to rain soon after. That slight rainfall went from annoying to a full out gully washer but we were able to stay dry under the tarp.

Hickery gave Slowhike and me a Maple King decal which will soon be displayed on my car.

Don't know what happen but I was sweating and feeling nauseated most of the night so I packed up and left Friday AM. Made for the second shortest group hang I have attended . If it had been just me at the hang I would have stayed in the hammock to see if I go better but as I had Sam I Am with me and no one to help watch him, I decided it would not be fair to keep him in the car.

The Maple King has entered the Big-Time now!
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hope you feel better soon.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Another pretty good hang. Not exactly great due to rain Thursday night and Saturday night, but great for the Saturday events. I counted 34 hammock folks, plus 2 ground guests Saturday night. Giving credit to Gunner 76 for one-nighter. Sorry you had an issue and missed the regular stuff. Missed you and Terminator.
    We collected $550 from the raffle. After paying for the firewood, we have a total of $475 for Friends of Grayson State Park. I will send a check this coming week. Greg, I did not lose this bankroll!!!!!!
    Here is hoping they sell that wicked stallion who led the herd all over the camp ground and the festival area. Most horse pucks I have seen since my dad got rid of the mule in 1956.
    Pictures to follow later.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz

Greg,
    Took me a couple of readings but I figured out why you got ill. Had to be that Maple King decal. Send it to me and you wil get better! :
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images

Hope yer feelin better Gunner! It was good to hang with ya for one night atleast!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Long drive for a one night hang. Think I must have got a 24 hour bug there. I think I will risk it and keep the decal.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Long drive for a one night hang. Think I must have got a 24 hour bug there. I think I will risk it and keep the decal.
    Glad you are feeling better.
    Really sorry it worked out that way.
    But... more to come!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Greg, I did not lose this bankroll!!!!!
    No sense in looking for it then .....maybe you left your tree straps again...I can look for those....

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    I only got a little piece of breakfast on Sat. https://youtu.be/B_rPeEatQJg

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast