Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ridgerunner removable suspension?

Hey there. Currently using the stock cinch buckles on my Ridgerunner. I’d like suspension that I can rig separately before unwrapping the hammock, then easily attach/detach when ready. I like to pack suspension separately when wet, and avoid sharp branches as much as possible when setting up.

I have some Dutch spiders from another hammock, but I’d need another small continuous loop connected to the triangle to make that work. How would you friends make it work??

I'm with you re packing the suspension separately! Wouldn't Beetle Buckles do the trick? I really like them.

Another option would be to put Bridge Hammock Whoopie Hooks (or Hammock Fan Hammock Anchors) on the CLs on those cinch buckles. After all, those WB/AHE cinch buckles function pretty darn well. It would add a smidgen of weight and length to your suspension. Not sure if that's an issue(?)
    Last edited by TominMN; 09-27-2018 at 08:15.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I tried various suspensions with my RR but ended up going back to the original straps and then purchased these to put my wet suspension into.
    https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/store/p412/SapSack

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I tried various suspensions with my RR but ended up going back to the original straps and then purchased these to put my wet suspension into.
    https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/store/p412/SapSack
    I guess the question I have is that the original RR suspension is attached to the body of the hammock so how do you use the SapSack to hold just the wet suspension parts?

Images
    I've left my RR suspension alone til now, but I've been thinking about tinkering with it a little. My problem... and I feel like I must be missing something obvious, is that there are 4 dog bones that are attached to the corner buckles and apex buckles, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how this can be undone without either cutting the dog bones or cutting the apex buckles. The corner buckles are "permanently" attached to the hammock, and I can't fit the entire hammock through the loop of the dog bone in order to undo the lark's head.

I assume in order to manufacture the hammock/suspension, Warbonnet attaches the CL's, apex buckles, dog bones, & corner buckles as a sub-assembly, and then sews the corner buckles to the heavy webbing that trims the hammock last.

I want to try removing the apex buckles and CL's so that I can hook the dog bones onto the hooks of a pair of Dutch Beetle Buckles. This would shorten the overall suspension a little which is what I'm trying to accomplish. I don't really want to destroy any of it though, so I'm confounded.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 09-27-2018 at 09:33.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how this can be undone without either cutting the dog bones or cutting the apex buckles. The corner buckles are "permanently" attached to the hammock, and I can't fit the entire hammock through the loop of the dog bone in order to undo the lark's head.
    Look around the 2 minute mark and see if that helps.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scrope View Post
    I guess the question I have is that the original RR suspension is attached to the body of the hammock so how do you use the SapSack to hold just the wet suspension parts?
    I only put the straps in the sap bag as these are the only thing that gets wet. I roll up the straps stuff them in the sap sack and then shove that into the double ended hammock stuff sack. I've never has the hammock get wet from this procedure and I've been in some torrential down pours.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grubbster View Post
    Look around the 2 minute mark and see if that helps.
    Oy! Yep, clearly this fits into the "overlooking something obvious" category. Thanks very much! (Need an upvote button)

Here is a two beaner setup I just figured out. Annoyingly the cinch buckles don’t fit through the loop on the end of the stock straps, or else this would have worked with one beaner. 04EC5CF0-4D91-4E36-9BCD-D159AC2AE3C6.jpg

Sapsack wouldn’t work as id still like to set up the suspension first before deploying the hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast