Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Not having done this with ya'll before, I naturally have a few questions! I teach so I'm usually free after 2:45. Could you PM me some particulars like where, what to bring, what to share, etc. Thank you, and we are looking forward to seeing you.

PS: I tried to PM you my phone number, but apparently you've exceeded your allotment of space.

Adam

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I have off all weekend so you can come whenever on Friday. I'm only a few miles from I-95, so I'll proly meet you in Perryville and let you follow me back. I haven't had a chance to check out the beach yet so Idk if we will be down there or in the woods across the street but either way it's BEAUTIFUL. Im sure my daughter will wanna play with yours on the beach either way though while we are setting up camp . I'll post some pics this weekend of both spots. It's car camping so bring the kitchen sink if you want. Will your daughter be hanging too?.Do you have enough insulation , it's usually colder and windier that the forcast so make sure following the 10° buffer rule! I have plenty of extra quilts and gear if needed though. I'll pm you this weekend with all the details. It will be a lot of fun!!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    My daughter said she would share her tent if yours wasn't gonna hang. Mine does sometimes, but never has in December before so Ill probably just put up the tent and air mattress. She is super excited for that weekend to come since both of our scout camping trips this fall got rained out. I have a hammock and quilts she could use but I think she will be warmer and more comfortable in the tent. She still isn't used to it not being so closed in like a tent is and ends up in mine with me around 330 - 400am when she wakes up from being cold because she kicked the TQ off and now is scared bc it's dark and she is in the hammock alone lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    My daughter said she would share her tent if yours wasn't gonna hang. Mine does sometimes, but never has in December before so Ill probably just put up the tent and air mattress. She is super excited for that weekend to come since both of our scout camping trips this fall got rained out. I have a hammock and quilts she could use but I think she will be warmer and more comfortable in the tent. She still isn't used to it not being so closed in like a tent is and ends up in mine with me around 330 - 400am when she wakes up from being cold because she kicked the TQ off and now is scared bc it's dark and she is in the hammock alone lol.
    I know what you mean about hammock hopping! I took both daughters to the Loco Libre hang and tried to get them both in one hammock (Double Dutch with me in the other side). I ended up with one cold peanut in my hammock, and the other wishing she could get there too. I made the mistake of trying to get them to share a top quilt and they both moved around too much.

I think Cece's first choice would be the hammock, however, I am short decent bottom insulation for my second hammock. I was going to ask a couple local guys up here, but if you have a set of quilts she could borrow, that would be great! I'll bring a winter sleeping bag and liner for the tent if she bails out. Thank you, and your daughter, for that generous offer! I think the draw of a new camping friend may lure her to the tent anyways, lol.

What can I bring for Saturday breakfast to share? I look forward to hanging out and helping out. I look forward to the PM, and I'll shoot you my phone number too.

-Adam

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    I know what you mean about hammock hopping! I took both daughters to the Loco Libre hang and tried to get them both in one hammock (Double Dutch with me in the other side). I ended up with one cold peanut in my hammock, and the other wishing she could get there too. I made the mistake of trying to get them to share a top quilt and they both moved around too much.

I think Cece's first choice would be the hammock, however, I am short decent bottom insulation for my second hammock. I was going to ask a couple local guys up here, but if you have a set of quilts she could borrow, that would be great! I'll bring a winter sleeping bag and liner for the tent if she bails out. Thank you, and your daughter, for that generous offer! I think the draw of a new camping friend may lure her to the tent anyways, lol.

What can I bring for Saturday breakfast to share? I look forward to hanging out and helping out. I look forward to the PM, and I'll shoot you my phone number too.

-Adam
    Sounds good! Other than the HG minus 10° set that I'll proly use, I have : 32° Snugpak set, 25° Snugpak Cocoon, 40° Econ Burrow std. length & width , 40° +2oz Econ Burrow short × wide ,35° overstuffed CDT UQ, 40° overstuffed CDT TQ, 35° overstuffed CDT WB Lynx clone UQ, 10° OneTigis UQ, 40° Climashield TQ, 50° Subito UQ, 55° Snugpak Jungle Blanket TQ, Snugpak Thermalon TQ liner, (2) summer TQ liners, 200wt. Gore-tex fleece TQ liner ( child size), 40° mummy bag, 40° USGI patrol bag ,50° sleeping bag, Reflectix, blue CCF pad, foam exercise mat, dome tent, extra tarps & hammocks, queen air mattress, a Winnie the Pooh bag and a Disney princess bag..... I got us covered lol. Also, depending on the temp I have a WB XL sock and the winter cover for my XLC. Lilyana usually uses the 10° OneTigris UQ and the Fleece TQ liner + princesses bag inside the CDT TQ , so I'll have plenty of extra if you need anything. But like you said, having a new friend might push them towards bunking together in the * gulp* tent..lol. I'd love to get her her own TQ that's sized for her but she would use it 2 or 3 times and out grow it lol. Harry from HG offered to give me a deal on a custom TQ for her if I decide to do it since I've spent soooooo much money with them already lol, but I just don't know if it's worth it. But anyways, I'll PM you early this week sometime and we can figure out the food situation etc. I'm still hoping a few more people will come, but either way we are doing it regardless.. I need some trail and hang time in the woods to recharge the 'ole batteries. The kids will have a blast for sure and your gonna take a million pics once you see the view I'm sure! So yeah, let me find out how many non-HF people are gonna camp and / or hike and then we can know for sure how much food we need and stuff. I will bring out my 2 burner Coleman stove, percolating coffee pot etc. And like I said it's super easy to get to where we will meet, it's about a mile off of I-95 , the trail head is 2 miles from there and I'm 3 miles from the trail head. Definitely looking forward to it! Work is killing me right now since its our busy season and I'm beyond ready for some hang time in the pine woods with my downy goodness! Talk to you soon brother,
    ~ Marshall " Chesapeake "

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    So who is a definite yes ? maybe? possible ? Slim chance? Hopeful ? No way?

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    PlusOne plus one kiddo = 2 here. lol

I’m out...no way I can swing doing the hang and hike with the dress rehearsal and concert that weekend...
    The rest of Dec is kind of shot too - since I’ve got a few other holiday gigs I’m playing.
    I’ll miss you guys - but keep me posted for future hang/trail cleanups....

Hammock
    Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I should be able to make it that weekend. I would be arriving late Friday (I do not get out of work till 4:30) or early Saturday. I will be coming from South Jersey.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Which weekend are we shooting for right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast