Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    We will be there with specially printed tarp and a special one of a kind Hangcon printed Chameleon for the raffle.

Question for those that have been there. I am bringing my bike and doing some bike packing the Wednesday and Thursday before. What are the roads like in and around the campground? Paved or is it dirt and rutted like Doe lake. Trying to see if I need to bring a second set of tires and I already have a crowded car.

And thank you guys for all you do.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, UGQ TQ
    Will anyone with a Tensa4 be attending? Would love to find out how well it works with my WBRR before pulling the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by CHSGirl View Post
    Will anyone with a Tensa4 be attending? Would love to find out how well it works with my WBRR before pulling the trigger.
    I’ll be there with my stand and maybe possibly several more.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, UGQ TQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post

Great! Love my Tato stands but looking for something I can take on a plane.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    We will be there with specially printed tarp and a special one of a kind Hangcon printed Chameleon for the raffle.

Question for those that have been there. I am bringing my bike and doing some bike packing the Wednesday and Thursday before. What are the roads like in and around the campground? Paved or is it dirt and rutted like Doe lake. Trying to see if I need to bring a second set of tires and I already have a crowded car.

They are paved. If your looking for a long ride I'd suggest checking out the Withlacoochee State Trail not too far from the campground.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images

You would have to drive a bit to get to this, but it's one of the top ten bike trails in Florida. https://www.bikeflorida.net/vanfleet_trail.htm

Hope that helps! See you soon my friend.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Wbbb XLC dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Kaq UQ / UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle

Dutch, that withlacoochee State Trail is not far from the campground it’s a 40 mile trail one way takes you all the way up to Dunnellon where I live it’s a beautiful trail all paved. Also if you love off-road riding about an hour away in Belleview is Santos, which is a well known Off-road area to ride plenty of trails marked different colors , like ski slopes some of them can be quite challenging but it’s a great work out . Dutch also I need some equipment spreader bar, and tie outs to convert my warbonnet so I can hang it side-by-side with the Chamaeleon I bought from you last year at hangcon I will send you an email of what I need .

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    HIKING/KAYAKING recreation opportunity.

This is a loop about 30 min from where we are camping. I did this loop when a group trip fell through and I did not have a good way to shuttle for kayaking. The hike is about 7 miles and the kayak trip is under 5. If you drop your kayaks at River Junction then drive to Hog Island and park then you hike by the river for 7 miles in the Withlacoochee forest. Then jump in your kayaks and kayak back to your vehicles. It is a really cool trip and eliminates some of the shuttle problems. The info is below for anyone that wants it.

Withlacoochee kayaking

https://floridadep.gov/sites/default...hSoGuide_0.pdf

Croom River Trail

Withlacoochee State Forest
    The Croom River trail is a 6.8-mile linear hiking trail that is located just east of the Withlacoochee River in the Withlacoochee State Forest. The hiking trail was built and is maintained by members of the Florida Trail Association. There are 3 recreation areas along the hiking trail. At the north end in the Hog Island Recreation area there is a canoe ramp, camping area, restrooms and hot water. About two-thirds of the distance south along the trail is the Iron Bridge day use area. This area is a popular spot for fishermen, wading children, canoeists and bird of prey, but there are no facilities. The hiking trail passes under I-75 and continues on to the south until you come to the end at the River Junction Recreation Area. River Junction has a boat launch area, picnic area on the bluff over looking the river, camping area with restrooms and hot water.

This is a beautiful, shaded hike.

To reach Hog Island Recreation area go southwest on CR 48 to Bushnell and get on CR 476 heading west. Just east of Nobelton, on the left, will be a small road with the number 635. Head south on this road until you come to the dirt road leading into Hog Island.

There is another entrance into the area using forest roads. To approach this way: Take I-75 to Exit 62, the Webster exit and head west. There will be a large sign on the south side (left) designating the forest area. Follow this dirt road to the junction with the directional sign.

Access #4, Mile, 18, River Junction Recreation Area
    From US 301, turn west onto CR 656. After 2 miles, turn left on FR 13 (SW 50th Blvd), indicated by a brown “River Junction Recreation Area” sign

An address that works on maps: 5827 SW 121st ave, Webster, FL (may not be the exact address)

Access #7, Mile 21.5, Hog Island Recreation Area
    The Hog Island Recreation Area is located on the east bank of the Withlacoochee River near Nobleton. Explore the Hog Island Nature Trail, a part of the Florida National Scenic Trail. The campground has shaded campsites and access to the Withlacoochee River. From CR 476, turn south onto CR 635. After 1.5 miles, turn right onto SW 90th Ave. Follow brown signs to recreation area. If using as a take out, the boat ramp is not on the main branch of the river and is easy to miss.

An address that works on maps: 8871 CR 635, Bushnell, FL (not the exact address)
    The essential part of me can not be discussed here. Ask me in person.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Oooh! A thing of beauty to look forward to seeing. Thanks Dutch!
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, UGQ TQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post

Will you have an example of the tarp extensions?

• + New Posts
  • Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast