Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    Gee, nice to see that my video has helped some of you. I use this procedure to modify many different hammocks. My personal "go to" hammock is my Equip. It is 10ft long and this mod took it from a "so so" hammock to a very comfortable hammock. Lee, the one I did the video on, says it made a big difference and now loves his Equip hammock. Again, happy that the videos are doing some good.
    Good to see you on here Bob. Yes, your video(s) have helped me a lot. In fact, I did a quick mock up of spreader bars that I'll be doing like yours as soon as my order of supplies from Dutch arrive Monday. Thank you so much!

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by JDinOH View Post
    Good to see you on here Bob. Yes, your video(s) have helped me a lot. In fact, I did a quick mock up of spreader bars that I'll be doing like yours as soon as my order of supplies from Dutch arrive Monday. Thank you so much!
    Great! Do be sure to share how yours turned out... Glad my videos helped..

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Gee, nice to see that my video has helped some of you. I use this procedure to modify many different hammocks. My personal "go to" hammock is my Equip. It is 10ft long and this mod took it from a "so so" hammock to a very comfortable hammock. Lee, the one I did the video on, says it made a big difference and now loves his Equip hammock. Again, happy that the videos are doing some good.
    Thanks for making that video. It helped open the door to getting me back outdoors after several years. I bought my Equip hammock in the clearance bin while I was shopping for something else. Watching your video helped make that hammock comfortable but it had terrible calf ridge for me. I used it for a few nights of kayak camping before I upgraded to a Dutchware Chameleon. I just tried out my DIY 12 foot hammock with a Fronkey bug net in the back yard. You can take credit for furthering this wonderful journey for me. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    Thanks for making that video. It helped open the door to getting me back outdoors after several years. I bought my Equip hammock in the clearance bin while I was shopping for something else. Watching your video helped make that hammock comfortable but it had terrible calf ridge for me. I used it for a few nights of kayak camping before I upgraded to a Dutchware Chameleon. I just tried out my DIY 12 foot hammock with a Fronkey bug net in the back yard. You can take credit for furthering this wonderful journey for me. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    Gee, sorry that you had an issue with your Equip. Did you do the ridgeline mod? If so did you play with the length? Dutch's hammock is definitely the better of the two though so it was no real loss for you.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Gee, sorry that you had an issue with your Equip. Did you do the ridgeline mod? If so did you play with the length? Dutch's hammock is definitely the better of the two though so it was no real loss for you.
    Yes, I did the ridgeline mod. It was a good start, but the calf ridge was making it nearly unbearable. I put a pillow under my legs, but after watching Shug's calf ridge video decided to go with a longer and wider hammock from a quality vendor. It worked out very well. I made the 12 foot hammock as an experiment because I got the fabric for free at a hang. I also wanted to try a Fronkey bug net, so I made one for it. It seems to work fine after a short hang in the back yard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12