DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Another way to track gear & weights

I ran across this site a couple of months ago and it just went live to the public yesterday. Looks like another good way to track gear lists and weights.

https://crestlite.com/

And a shared sample list: https://crst.us/l/4olgbd

Awesome! I've had the same app idea in my todo list for the last 2 years (something to code in my free time - HA!) - glad to see someone else had the same idea!

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    It sounds OK but at $30/year it seems a bit expensive to just keep a list of gear. I mean it's nice to have access to it on the Internet from everywhere but I use by list when I pack so I'm not seeing how that would be helpful for me. It's a pretty website but it's also just in beta so I'd be concerned about trusting it with anything I couldn't afford to lose. I might have bought it if it was a $5 app but that just seems very expensive for a product that's still in testing.

I'll just keep my Word document with tables. It's not the most elegant solution but it's free and it does everything I need so far.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scrope View Post
    It sounds OK but at $30/year it seems a bit expensive to just keep a list of gear. I mean it's nice to have access to it on the Internet from everywhere but I use by list when I pack so I'm not seeing how that would be helpful for me. It's a pretty website but it's also just in beta so I'd be concerned about trusting it with anything I couldn't afford to lose. I might have bought it if it was a $5 app but that just seems very expensive for a product that's still in testing.

I'll just keep my Word document with tables. It's not the most elegant solution but it's free and it does everything I need so far.
    My approach is similar with an Excel spreadsheet.

The monthly stuff is getting out of control in general. Utilities, cars, of course. But then Adobe software was the first to pop into my world...not happy about that. Then Prime, Netflix (but so worth it) and so on. Now apps, the local carwash, you name it. It's a good way to blow an entire paycheck without really knowing it.

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by scrope View Post

If you just use spreadsheets, you could use AirTable (https://airtable.com). Set up an input form, download the app, and you're ready to go!

In fact, now I think I need to do that...and I can share the template here for interested peeps.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Wooki & Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am always up to look at something like this, and I did try. However I am not going to give out my credit card number just to have a quick peek at the software.

Excel is working fine for me. The idea is good but I'm not buying into anything without seeing it first.

If you are interested in my advice, get the free 25 item account working without requiring a credit card number up front from people who might otherwise be potential subscribers.

Best of luck.

Hammock
    DIY Robic 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    UGQ/DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie/straps
    Images
    I use the GearGrams app, I Started using it when it was in the beta stages. There is a library for all of your gear and then you can create different lists. I currently have a spring/fall list, a summer list and a winter list. I also use the list as a packing list to make sure that I have everything.

Does anyone use www.milestepper.com? I’ve used it now for a couple of years and like it better than anything else that I’ve tried for tracking my gear inventory and then building gear lists for specific trips. It seems like the developers built it and then just kind of forgot about it. But it’s simple, free, and does exactly what I want it to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    I've shuffled back and forth between geargrams and lighterpack. They both have things that I do and do not like. This program seems nice and I could see it as a one-time payment or something like that, but not a recurring payment. There are two many other free options out there.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    Depends on the day
    Tarp
    HG Hex, WBSF, WLTP
    Insulation
    HG UQ / UDQ TQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    When I was in my gram weenie phase I used lighterpack. Now that pretty much all my gear is UL, I don't obsess as much about breaking everything down so much. All I tend to do know is weigh the pack after everything is packed, and that is becoming more rare.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast