Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Greylock 3/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by freekncreekn01 View Post
    Does anyone use www.milestepper.com? I’ve used it now for a couple of years and like it better than anything else that I’ve tried for tracking my gear inventory and then building gear lists for specific trips. It seems like the developers built it and then just kind of forgot about it. But it’s simple, free, and does exactly what I want it to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I just played around with this a bit and like it so far. Thanks for sharing it. I haven't ever used a web-based resource to track gear (just paper and pencil) but may give this a try. I have a couple different sets of gear (tent camping with young daughter; hammock camping solo; etc ...) so it looks like it should be easy to set up different gear "sets" based on the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by cricky101 View Post
    I just played around with this a bit and like it so far. Thanks for sharing it. I haven't ever used a web-based resource to track gear (just paper and pencil) but may give this a try. I have a couple different sets of gear (tent camping with young daughter; hammock camping solo; etc ...) so it looks like it should be easy to set up different gear "sets" based on the trip.
    That’s exactly one of the reasons that I have migrated towards milestepper. I do a lot of trips with my teenaged kids and it allows me to setup categories for their gear too. I have tried lighterpack and geargrams but neither was exactly what I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by freekncreekn01 View Post
    Does anyone use www.milestepper.com? I’ve used it now for a couple of years and like it better than anything else that I’ve tried for tracking my gear inventory and then building gear lists for specific trips. It seems like the developers built it and then just kind of forgot about it. But it’s simple, free, and does exactly what I want it to do.
    I checked them out and it looks like a well designed and "modern" site, much more than the other options I've seen.

I'm always a little leary about becoming dependant on a site run by essentially a couple of guys out of their basement because I worry about the long term availability. At least they have a way to export your data and it looks good and easy to use.

I think I'll give them a try for my next outing and see how it is in practice. Thanks for posting about them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12