Quote Originally Posted by Alamosa View Post
I cut a mat like that into sections to lay in the bottom of the canoe. Works great for when I need to kneel. It doesn't absorb any water.

I can't imagine it being very comfortable underneath me in a hammock. I am pretty sure I would sweat up a storm and feel drenched.
Great idea to cut those up to stick in a canoe! Good to know that it doesn't really absorb water, I was wondering about that. I think that using a pad of any sort is going to cut down the level of comfort in the hammock, but since I can's shell out the cash for an UQ right now, I am trying to figure out my best option at the moment. I sleep pretty cold so I'm hoping that sweat won't turn into a huge issue. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
I think the ccf pads are more of a known quantity.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...Blue/634956813

That one is 1/2 inch thick and half the cost of the yoga mat. I used ccf pads for two years before I finally bought an underquilt. Yes, I got tons of condensation, but I stayed warm down to 22* F despite the condensation.
I know that those are well known to work, and if I have to buy one I will, I was just hoping that someone might have been curious about the exercise pad before me and knew the answer since I already have one in my possession. I have often wondered if putting a CCF pad inside a sleeping bag liner would help make it more comfortable with the moisture and the various other factors that make pads less comfortable than underquilts. Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
They work. They're a bit on the heavy side.
Weight shouldn't be a huge issue at least in the near future, we will either be covering short distances on foot, or car camping until I can get some better quality gear and get into better shape lol. Thanks for answering my question, I appreciate it.