Thread: Hello!

Hammock
    Dutchwear Chameleon
    Suspension
    straps w/Beetle

Hello!

I never know what to say when it is time to introduce myself, so I'll just start with a hello and let you know it nice to be "officially" here. I've been a lurker off-and-of for a couple of months, not on purpuse but because everytime I have a hammock question to research, great information from the forums here always seems to come my way to help me figure it out. And questions...I am sure to have so many more. I'm new to hammock camping, though I often bring one with me when I car camp or take the camper out. My son, nearly 8, has been after me to actually camp in the hammock -so when the weather cooled off here, we did (at home, but camping nonetheless). We both had a great time and are planning on doing it again soon. We have a couple of camps planned this fall and I hope to gear-up and be ready to make them hammock-style. I have a lot to learn, and look forward to your suggestions and ideas. I'm also ok with you having a laugh at me when I get "it" wrong, just remember to be kind and point me in the right direction, too.

Hammock
    Chameleon 2.4
    Tarp
    WB Mini/Super Flys
    Insulation
    LL Reaper&WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Beetle/Dyneema/15'

Hello!

Welcome. Loads of good info and great folks here! Saved me a lot of headaches and money.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    Welcome!Happy to have you here!
    Pretty awesome for you 8 year old to get started down the rabbit hole of hammock camping together.

Hammock
    Dutchwear Chameleon
    Suspension
    straps w/Beetle
    Makin' memories for sure!

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing + knots
    I'm new here too, as of today, but good to meet you! My kiddo is 6 and loves hammock time, too. We just went out for a hang in the first Portland rainstorm of the season and read stories under the tarp. Pretty great stuff.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Welcome from North Carolina ��*♂️
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    Dutchwear Chameleon
    Suspension
    straps w/Beetle
    My son would love that! Do you guys hang together (spreader bar or something)? I am looking at tarp options and want to find out what works for those who do it.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Welcome!! Lurker sounds so seedy, let's go with browser. And by the way, love your screen name!

Internet communication is what it is, but I assure you, no one really intends to make fun of you, and if it seems that way its likely them trying to make fun of themselves at the same time as most of us have done plenty of hard learning along the way. Indeed, lots of folks might steer you here or away from there because they've made that mistake before.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

• + New Posts