Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing + knots

Hi from Portland, OR

Hi folks! I'm a cartoonist from Portland, OR. Like you, I love hammocks something fierce. After spending most of my life as a 'watcher of things' (the ultimate lurker) and creating art and books largely from that viewpoint, I decided I had to get out into the world more. I fell hard for hammock camping, kayaking, hiking, 4X4 JDM vans (don't own one of those, just dream of them). Most of these passions worked their way into my next book, as you can see...

I've really enjoyed my brief time here reading up on various hammock models, suspension setups, and of course, watching Shug's videos. That guy's fantastic.

I currently run a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0 DL, which I love dearly and scored cheaply. It's a little small for me (being 6'2", 190 lbs), but I try to pretend I'm just living in the early 2000's when the XLC and other 11' hammocks weren't around. I've passed down my very-comfy Thermarest Slacker double to my 6 year-old daughter. She sleeps in that on weekends and throughout the summers, so I'm doing my best to raise her up appreciating the finer things.

Anyway, that's a little about me. Nice to meet you all. I look forward to getting to know you better, and maybe joining other locals at a PDX hang sometime. And sorry about the attachment messup above. Not sure what happened there...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JCase; 09-14-2018 at 12:20.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing + knots
    Not that this matters much, but can anyone tell me what to do to make pictures in posts not stamp-sized?

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Welcome to our group. We have quite a few member's in Portland and surrounding area.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Hi there fellow Portland hammock nerd. I'm in SE, and have had a hammock as my only bed over 5 years now.

The way to make your images not show tiny is to edit your post thusly:

First, click on one of the thumbs in your post to show a big version. That big version image has a URL. Copy the URL of the image to your clipboard. Exact method varies by browser/platform.

Next edit your post. Where you see tags with ATTACH or ATTACHMENT , replace those tags with IMG. The trailing instance will need a /IMG. These tag words need to be surrounded with square brackets. I can't type them here because they get stripped as code. Paste the URL of your image between, like this:

{IMG}http://url-of-image/{/IMG}

...except replace the curly braces with square ones. Save. Done.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing + knots
    5 years - You're a hammock hero! Really appreciate your help with the code.

Thanks for saying hey, guys. And yes, Oregon seems like a natural fit for this obsession.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Definately, we have trees, just finding them with the proper distance between them. Lol

I guess we must now be on guard against STARVING mountain lions. Really a sad situation.

Porland, Ore. is unique because we are so centrally located year around skiing, lots of white water, ocean and high plaines. Most of the time moderate weather. Pretty ameniable to outdoors activities. Just do not be a kitty snack!

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    What are the chances of 2 fatal cougar attacks within a couple months and a day's bicycle ride in the Cascades after 100 years since the last?

Man, what a horrific way to go, fighting that very fast scratchy bitey thing and realizing that you are losing. The lady was a tough hiker, and the guy was a big biker. RIP.

I hung 4 nights within 10 miles of that site in the last 2 months.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing + knots
    Yikes... I hadn't heard about the cougar attacks. That's so terrifying. I think about the potential of that, especially with my kids running around in the woods with me. That would be the worst nightmare. When we camped this fall at Waldo Lake, the campground had posts up warning of cougar sightings.

I do agree, though, it's probably much more dangerous to drive a car anywhere than it is to hike a trail.

Hammock
    Half-Wit/Dangerbird, Darien..
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Woopie Sling
    Welcome from just north of you,.,.,., Plenty of place to hang in our area.,,.,340041_2401817492042_1530967747_o.jpg

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing + knots
    Nice setup! I need to get a couple trekking poles, for sure. That looks great for porch mode.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast