Dutch Half-Wit/EnoS7
    Tarp
    HG CF w doors
    Insulation
    LL TQ / EE UQ
    Suspension
    Spider w Becket

Kammok brand

I started with an ENO and transitioned to cottage vendors like Dutch and HammockGear, but every so often I still like being able to pick up random stuff at my local REI. The Kammok brand has started to become one of my personal favorites and little by little I started picking up random stuff from them. I started with an underquilt and then a hammock, some straps, then stakes and a bugnet (no tarp yet). It becomes my loan out set whenever I go out or my random daily hang in my backyard (mainly because they have their "lifetime warranty"). So far I have experienced really great customer service from them.
    I just came back from a backpacking trip. My husband and I were in our Dutch/HG/LL/EE set-ups, but my cousin wanted to give the hammock-camping experience a try, so he got the Kammok set and he loved it.
    Anyways, Kammok has a new kickstarter item and it seems pretty cool. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ail-to-travel#
    I have seen other companies do something similar, but since I have had a good experience with this company so far, I thought I would share.

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Yeah, Kammok was my "step up" from ENO-- I still like and use some of their gear. (They finally have a hammock longer than 11', too, instead of them all being 10'.)

Saw this kickstarter and still can't get myself to buy their blankets-- I wish they were a tad warmer. (I am a junky for quilts / blankets.... like you I tend to have extra sets of gear to allow for friends / relatives to try hammock camping).

I am curious to see others thoughts on this particular blanket. Like their other underquilt, it's quite a bit wider than most underquilts at 54" wide vs. the usual 44". I imagine it's better as a summer blanket.

Senior Member mountain wanderer's Avatar
    Hammock
    Simply Light Designs - Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    I have been using the Kammok Roo w/ Python Straps for years. I do love the setup, though I think that this winter I am going to get something new. I want a bug net and want to try some other type of hammock. Still love my Roo though.

• + New Posts