Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
    Velcro didnt work for me--just got all bunched up. However, the sticky mess it left after peeling it off did seem to help a bit. I went to quilts shortly after that.
    Yeah, I'd like to go quilt as some point. My sleeping bag has a foot vent, so I've actually strung up the hammock inside the bag before. I've had some recent back pain this year and was going to give the air pad a try to see if the extra rigidity helps. Thanks for the input.

My suggestion would be getting some of the stuff you put in cupboards to protect the wood/keep dishes from sliding. Would be non-permanent, and if you put it under high pressure spots (butt, upper back) I think it would do the trick. Just a couple bucks to try out, probably worth it! This is the stuff, but you might already have some around the house you can test with before you get anything new. Would probably add some very minor insulative properties but I'm sure that's negligible.

Hammock
    HH Jungle Safari Zip
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon Poly
    Insulation
    HH Pad Wool Fleece
    Suspension
    Stock
    I second Alphabennetts' post. I used it on a DIY reflectix pad and it worked great.

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle/Dyneema/15'
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alphabennett View Post
    My suggestion would be getting some of the stuff you put in cupboards to protect the wood/keep dishes from sliding. Would be non-permanent, and if you put it under high pressure spots (butt, upper back) I think it would do the trick. Just a couple bucks to try out, probably worth it! This is the stuff, but you might already have some around the house you can test with before you get anything new. Would probably add some very minor insulative properties but I'm sure that's negligible.
    Excellent idea! How would you keep it from shifting/clumping during the night?

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Excellent idea! How would you keep it from shifting/clumping during the night?
    I think you probably wouldn't have much of an issue, but if you found it to be one I'd consider permanently installing it on the pad using silicon.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Do a Costco DIY Underquilt. For $30 you'll sleep much better. If you get the two-pack online, make a TQ out of the other one. That's what I did. Super easy and effective.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabennett View Post
    That's a great idea worth trying. Thanks

Well, I tried the new pad this weekend and shifting wasn't too much of an issue. The pad stayed fairly well put. It did exactly what I needed. It provided some extra support for my back, contoured to the shop of the hammock, and cut the wind and heat loss coming from underneath the hammock. Which is exactly what I needed. It packed up really small. All without the added bulk and weight of an under quilt or an insulated pad. And it didn't overheat me like the underquilt does in these warmer temperatures. I was quite comfy.

The next time I may try the one suggestion of cutting few small patches of shelf liner to slide between the hammock and pad just to see how they do.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    IMG_20180917_104507.jpg

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The good ol' SPE (https://www.rei.com/product/830279/e...ping-pad-wings) really helps to keep a pad manageable.
    See it at 4:37 in video below.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    Do a Costco DIY Underquilt. For $30 you'll sleep much better. If you get the two-pack online, make a TQ out of the other one. That's what I did. Super easy and effective.
    I appreciate the response, but it doesn't address my question. I'm not asking about pad alternative, as the pad isn't just for warmth. It's primarily for back comfort. Thanks anyways

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast