Shipping gripe: $7 more for 0.25oz pad strap?

Not sure if this is intended or not, but really irks me:

72" quilt shipping price: $8.47

Add a pad strap ($3), shipping price is now $15.57 (+$7).

So extra shipping for a pad strap costs more than 2x the pad strap itself? Can't this 0.25oz/7g strap just be included for free?

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I've seen these shipping snafus before. The programed shipping routine, embedded in the website, just goes off track when some combination triggers it. Email UGQ and I'm certain it will be taken care of.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nquinn View Post
    Not sure if this is intended or not, but really irks me:

72" quilt shipping price: $8.47

Add a pad strap ($3), shipping price is now $15.57 (+$7).

So extra shipping for a pad strap costs more than 2x the pad strap itself? Can't this 0.25oz/7g strap just be included for free?
    Exactly what MAD777 said, we usually catch them when shipping and refund any grossly excessive charges.
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by nquinn View Post
    Can't this 0.25oz/7g strap just be included for free?
    Bug in the system on shipping it seems...

Sure you're not paying for more than you need- "All BANDIT Quilts include a 40d Silpoly Stuff Sack and our Pad Attachment System (Single Strap)."

As far as 'included for free'... there is no such thing.
    Many cottage vendors do their best to offer value to their customers. I don't include stuff sacks, storage bags or pad straps with my stuff either. These are primarily hammock customers as the target audience for UGQ...

"Free" means the price goes up a few bucks for each of those bonus items. If you don't use them, it means you paid more for the thing you are actually using.

Offering add ons at reasonable prices is a good way to be fair to all customers.
    I hang my quilts in a closet... so a 'free' cotton bag that costs the vendor $10 and is built into the price is a waste of both money and resources.
    Most here would see a pad strap as a rip off at worst, or a thing that goes in the trash at best.

If they charged $10 per strap- that's a ripoff. But keeping the cost down on the core product and offering add-ons at cost is a good deal for all.

It seems like nothing... but even at a buck in material, a minute to put it together, and a minute to handle it for shipping... not to mention time to develop and source the thing...three bucks sounds about right.

I just sent out two pad strap kits to customers... they cost $3.50 to ship each via USPS in a standard first class envelope. I charge $5 for them and lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Bug in the system on shipping it seems...

Sure you're not paying for more than you need- "All BANDIT Quilts include a 40d Silpoly Stuff Sack and our Pad Attachment System (Single Strap)."

As far as 'included for free'... there is no such thing.
    Many cottage vendors do their best to offer value to their customers. I don't include stuff sacks, storage bags or pad straps with my stuff either. These are primarily hammock customers as the target audience for UGQ...

"Free" means the price goes up a few bucks for each of those bonus items. If you don't use them, it means you paid more for the thing you are actually using.

Offering add ons at reasonable prices is a good way to be fair to all customers.
    I hang my quilts in a closet... so a 'free' cotton bag that costs the vendor $10 and is built into the price is a waste of both money and resources.
    Most here would see a pad strap as a rip off at worst, or a thing that goes in the trash at best.

If they charged $10 per strap- that's a ripoff. But keeping the cost down on the core product and offering add-ons at cost is a good deal for all.

It seems like nothing... but even at a buck in material, a minute to put it together, and a minute to handle it for shipping... not to mention time to develop and source the thing...three bucks sounds about right.

I just sent out two pad strap kits to customers... they cost $3.50 to ship each via USPS in a standard first class envelope. I charge $5 for them and lose money.
    I don't mind paying for the padstraps - I meant just bundling it in the shipping price.

• + New Posts