Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks again for all your responses. This is such a great community! Literally my first post and I have been welcomed with all kinds of helpful non toxic suggestions! I love you all and decided to go with the Eldarado double layer seeing as I have a mat already and I will still be able to adjust left or right lay like suggested I try both sides. Shipping was SUPER FAST. Like... OMG I can use it this season fast! Well done Warbonnet. I have done my best to setup properly but feel I need some help. My pad I feel is too long. As you can see in the picture it kinda pushes on the hammock. Is this ok? It is 82" or 6.8 Feet long. Also... the wooden poles I have attached it to are only about 10 feet apart. I have to tighten the hammock buckle suspension very tight for the ridge-line to be properly taught. I have only about 8-18" of suspension to the "tree". Is having that little of suspension length ok? Would a distance of 13 feet or wider help me with the lay or is ok to have two trees that close and just tighten the suspension? I appologize for all the beginner questions but as you can see by my pictures I am currently ALL THINGS HAMMOCK and would like to pick at everyone's brain to help me achieve my PERFECT LAY! Thanks in advanced for any help!

diaglay.jpg
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Za...ew?usp=sharing

Picture of my Eno hammock for funzies!
    IMG_20170616_175011871_HDR.jpg
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By6...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Quickplaya; 09-14-2018 at 22:34.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickplaya View Post
    Thanks again for all your responses. This is such a great community! Literally my first post and I have been welcomed with all kinds of helpful non toxic suggestions! I love you all and decided to go with the Eldarado double layer seeing as I have a mat already and I will still be able to adjust left or right lay like suggested I try both sides. Shipping was SUPER FAST. Like... OMG I can use it this season fast! Well done Warbonnet. I have done my best to setup properly but feel I need some help. My pad I feel is too long. As you can see in the picture it kinda pushes on the hammock. Is this ok? It is 82" or 6.8 Feet long. Also... the wooden poles I have attached it to are only about 10 feet apart. I have to tighten the hammock buckle suspension very tight for the ridge-line to be properly taught. I have only about 8-18" of suspension to the "tree". Is having that little of suspension length ok? Would a distance of 13 feet or wider help me with the lay or is ok to have two trees that close and just tighten the suspension? I appologize for all the beginner questions but as you can see by my pictures I am currently ALL THINGS HAMMOCK and would like to pick at everyone's brain to help me achieve my PERFECT LAY! Thanks in advanced for any help!

diaglay.jpg
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Za...ew?usp=sharing

Picture of my Eno hammock for funzies!
    IMG_20170616_175011871_HDR.jpg
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By6...ew?usp=sharing
    I can't really tell the hang angle from your picture, but have someone sit in your hammock and use your thumb and index figer (like a pretend gun) to check the angle of the suspension. It should be 30 degrees.

When I put up my posts in the back yard they were 15 feet apart. That's what I look for in tree spacing or more for an 11 foot hammock.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickplaya View Post
    As long as you can achieve the right angle, there is no problem whatsoever about having short suspension, at least as far as the hammock itself and your lay are concerned. My indoor hang has less than 6" on each end.

Outdoors, if using a tarp, you need to be sure to have enough room for the tarp to fit between the trees (or whatever). That's where the ballpark distance of 15' comes into play. Close enough that you don't have to stand on somebody's shoulders to attach the suspension and far enough apart so that everything fits comfortably. Of course, sometimes you just have to deal with things being less than ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    As long as you can achieve the right angle, there is no problem whatsoever about having short suspension, at least as far as the hammock itself and your lay are concerned. My indoor hang has less than 6" on each end.

Outdoors, if using a tarp, you need to be sure to have enough room for the tarp to fit between the trees (or whatever). That's where the ballpark distance of 15' comes into play. Close enough that you don't have to stand on somebody's shoulders to attach the suspension and far enough apart so that everything fits comfortably. Of course, sometimes you just have to deal with things being less than ideal.
    Thanks for the help. Definitely needed to change my angles. I turned around in the hammock and put my head in my foot box and it is NIGHT AND DAY more comfortable. So I got out and looked at the angle my foot end was at and it was about 35degrees. My uncomfortable head end was at like 50 degrees. So I switched the angles and I was SNORING! It really is all about angle in an Asymmetrical lay eh? Thanks so much for all your help!

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Head right feet left.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234