Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Shipping is $35 for domestic shipping. It should be around 3 weeks to build up stock again. It is best to subscribe and we send out an email a day or two before announcing when they will be on sale. I don't believe the kits are available anymore.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Shipping is $35 for domestic shipping. It should be around 3 weeks to build up stock again. It is best to subscribe and we send out an email a day or two before announcing when they will be on sale. I don't believe the kits are available anymore.
    Thanks Dutch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Anybody with one of the new run of TATO stands have the carry strap rip off? [or actually any of them...?]

My new TATO came the other day. I set it up in the yard to get the feel of it, and just took it down this evening to take to the L&L hang.
    Brought it into the house with a just a hand-grip at the drawstring end, and then, when I went to carry it out to the car by the carry strap, the strap blew off at the lower end before I could even get it up to my shoulder. The top end came off when I tried to tote it by the dangle.
    Both ends totally frayed away from the stitching.

Anyone else have it happen?

I'm thinking it needs bands sewn over the strap and around the bag to spread the load.
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images

I have both and here they are side by side with my extra wide tarp keeping us both dry.

I agree with Dutch’s assessment.

I like them both. Both took some getting used to.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    None or Z-Rest (it
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I finally got my Tensa4. When I set it up, I had to figure out the length adjustments for everything. It might be a good idea to mark off the ridgeline to the desired length for the hammock and tarp. And the same for the baseline as that determines height of the hang. I’m even thinking of making a fixed ridgeline.

Some of the spring clips didn’t come all the way through the holes, so it’s a good idea to double check them beforehand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aikirunner View Post
    I finally got my Tensa4. When I set it up, I had to figure out the length adjustments for everything. It might be a good idea to mark off the ridgeline to the desired length for the hammock and tarp. And the same for the baseline as that determines height of the hang. I’m even thinking of making a fixed ridgeline.

Some of the spring clips didn’t come all the way through the holes, so it’s a good idea to double check them beforehand.

Cool.
    I started keeping the measurement log for various hammocks.
    But marking like you said is a good idea.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aikirunner View Post

If you find the spring button issue is a recurring problem, take the offending spring out of the tubing and you may notice the little button is not entirely perpendicular to the leaf spring it's attached to. Twisting the spring a smidge to make it more perpendicular should make this problem go away, then extending the poles is a breeze.

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Grundelore View Post
    Anybody with one of the new run of TATO stands have the carry strap rip off? [or actually any of them...?]

My new TATO came the other day. I set it up in the yard to get the feel of it, and just took it down this evening to take to the L&L hang.
    Brought it into the house with a just a hand-grip at the drawstring end, and then, when I went to carry it out to the car by the carry strap, the strap blew off at the lower end before I could even get it up to my shoulder. The top end came off when I tried to tote it by the dangle.
    Both ends totally frayed away from the stitching.

Anyone else have it happen?

I'm thinking it needs bands sewn over the strap and around the bag to spread the load.
    yes this tato bag is poorly designed for the weight of the stand
    its a shame as it is pricey
    also tato should take note of the tensa poles with the indent tubing
    it is very nice not having to try and align holes with tab buttons which becomes a pain in the *^%&
    that being said the tato stand is awesome
    i also just purchased the tensa4 but have not had time to use it
    but it appears well made

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    WL Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    WL Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
    also tato should take note of the tensa poles with the indent tubing
    it is very nice not having to try and align holes with tab buttons which becomes a pain in the *^%&
    I lined up the pins and holes, and then marked the tubing with a white paint marker. Saves a lot of muttering.

Doni

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Here is my Tensa4 review where I compare it with my TATO stand
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    I will start by saying it was a pleasure dealing with the folks at Tensa when I ordered this stand. They had great communication and were a pleasure to work with. I got this stand about 4 days before I started a cross-country trip ( FL to VA to CO to UT to FL) which would be about 35 days total. I planned on using this stand for a good amount of the trip, however fortunately/unfortunately circumstances allowed me to use it literally every night of this trip.
    I really wanted to like this stand, I really did, but I really wanted to like my TATO stand as well. But, even though a lot of people do, I really do not like the TATO stand. I have had a lot of issues with mine (mainly stability issues involving wind, and yes it’s set up correctly). I was weary that I would have those issues with the Tensa as well. But here is my gosh darn most honest review on what I think of this stand after putting it through its paces. I’ve set this thing up in driveways, basements, backyards, and about 7 different campgrounds/RV parks.

SETUP- My first setup was a bit rough. Took some figuring out to do, but I got the gist of it with the included directions. The first week I had the stand I used the method of only one anchor on the foot end. This does work well, but I’m clumsy, awkward, and uncoordinated. One night, I had a cramp kick in in my calf and in the process of getting out I got tacoed in the stand, along with my underquilt, hammock, topquilt, and fronkey bugnet. It was a hot mess. I went out and picked up another orange screw, and for the rest of the trip I anchored both ends and the stand held up as solid as a rock. I could move freely in the hammock without the fear of being trapped in my bugnet again. As far as stability goes, we had some pretty crazy wind in CO. Strong enough to blow over my families staked out tent. However, that stand held strong through it all. Setup time and take down became a breeze by the end of the trip, less than 5 minutes. The “needle” on each end of the UCRs made life easier. The toggles held well. The packed size of the stand is remarkable, considering the weight capacity. Fit right in with the rest of my setup, without taking up any extra precious cargo space (unlike the TATO).

FREEDOM- of course having a stand you can setup pretty much anywhere, but the size of this stand fully setup opened up the possibilities. In a couple of places, the sites were very small and we were sharing one site with a large RV and my wife’s 10 man tent. Space was limited, but in every case I was able to setup just fine.

THINGS I LOVE
    the size and weight, both packed and deployed. I could also move the stand while deployed easily for fine tuning when needed.
    The simplicity of it all. I am still amazed at how it all just works. Setup me take down can be done in 5 minutes or less.
    The build quality of everything was top notch.
    The small touches on the UCRs, makes the setup all the easier (though I’m debating on switching the center one out for a fixed eye dog bone)
    Cost. Yes, $300 is quite a bit for a stand. But I paid $350 for my TATO, and I will take this stand over that one any day. Money well spent considering performance
    Reliability- With only minor user generated error/failure, this stand stood up the entire trip night after night and did what it was supposed to do. Even pushed close to the weight limit for 30+ days, still holding up like a champ.
    The Tensa crew was top notch to work with.
    THINGS THAT COULD BE BETTER/THINGS IM STILL WORKING ON
    I am still working on getting the stand in a configuration that lets me comfortably setup my tarp. I do think with this stand a diamond, asymmetrical, or standard hex would work better. It seemed the doors on my superfly were causing the issue on either end. I setup my tarp a few different ways, but I am still working on finding the “best” way forward
    I will say that handing in the driveway really did a number of on the end rubber pieces. But they are really easy to replace.

Overall, I am more than impressed with this stand. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. In most cases I am truly blown away with how well it performed and how compact it traveled. Never once on my trip did I doubt the stands ability to perform and hold my big but up (well once I started anchoring both ends. I am sure with more time I will figure out an optimal setup for a tarp. Down the line I will look at selling my TATO and probably picking up another one of these.

Thank you again to the Tensa crew for getting me my stand for this trip. In all honesty, the trip would have been pretty terrible without it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast