Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles

simple suspension adjustment modification haven't seen mentioned

Since I typically use my Draumr, and only really use my underquilts in the sunroom, I may just not have seen this mentioned before, but after some fiddling, I'm curious about this

We're in that season up here (the great white north) where it's hitting close to freezing overnight, but warms up to 20-25 (75ish? F) during the day, so I'm constantly fiddling with the underquilt, moving it to the side, then back under etc

got me thinking, what if there was a cord lock and loop of cord that came out a button hole on the main suspension

something where as you pulled cord out, it would tighten the main suspension, and as you let it back out, it'd loosen the suspension and consequently let the quilt sag a bit for venting

does this already exist? the DIY quilt I've got on is more of a wooki type clone, so I can't do that, but someone with a traditional end to end suspension, it seems like it should just work

thoughts?

Images
    I've seen a few people in the get-a-clew thread or modding Gemini quilts put mini-UCRs on the main attachment line. That sounds functionally equivalent. Theoretically, you could do this to any quilt suspension type.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    The snugpak under blanket has a cord lock on each side so you can adjust the tension from in the hammock.

The Boone and Boone zip are a hybrid hammock from Sheltowee hammocks..... each hammock is paired using a intergrated insulation system this is close to that of a traditional UQ insulation.

There are 4 draw cords at each ends a little like a clew to lift and snug or slacken off the suspension to vent, this can be adjusted whilst in the hammock.

There is a short you tube clip with Alex from Sheltowee demonstrating with his Boone hammock system.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ35S View Post
    The snugpak under blanket has a cord lock on each side so you can adjust the tension from in the hammock.
    I have the Snugpak and having a a way to tighten or loosen the primary is definitely helpful. In the summer I can loosen it to vent and snug it up if I get a chill in the fall. It would be nice to have the same thing on my Incubator and CDT. Hmmmm, now my gears are turning.... Lol
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    right? I've done the wooki style CDT, so I can't really just give this a quick go. but for the amount of fiddling I do with the UQ this time of year, I'm definitely tempted to make another and try

• + New Posts