Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Still toying with

New from DE

Hello all. I am a new hammock camper, although I have been hiking and camping for several years. Most recently I have had trouble sleeping in the tent so I thought I'd try hammocking. I bought a Grand Trunk skeeter beeter a few years back to throw up for a quick nap on long trail days, but never could get comfortable. Recently decided to give it a try again and went to youtube for some video advice. There I found Shug and his series of videos which have been immensely helpful. Through watching his videos I also discovered this site. I truly appreciate the contributions the members make to help folks just starting out. Since joing earlier this summer I have about a dozen nights hanging out. Now that I know how to hang the hammock and how to lay in it, I get really great sleep and I can't get enough.
    Thanks to everyone for allowing me to join and for all of the information you provide. Hopefully as I experience more, I will be able to contribute here as well.

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Welcome from a Delaware export! My folks actually still live in Middletown. This is a great place to get way more information than you ever knew you needed. Welcome to the fold!
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    I'm in Delaware too! Welcome to the forums.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    We have a group that does trail work in Cecil County on the Mason and Dixon Trail. Check out the outings pages on the forums. We'll probably get together again once things cool off and the ticks are not so bad.
    I sew things on youtube.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    We have a group that does trail work in Cecil County on the Mason and Dixon Trail. Check out the outings pages on the forums. We'll probably get together again once things cool off and the ticks are not so bad.
    Definitely AFTER the ticks aren't so bad lol. At our last board meeting 2 weeks ago everyone couldn't believe just how many we had in us! They told me to hold off on that section for now and once it cools off we are gonna have everyone come to help me get it back in shape. Im gonna try to schedule that for the same time that we do our next hang/hike so I have all hands on deck since its in such bad shape now.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Definitely AFTER the ticks aren't so bad lol. At our last board meeting 2 weeks ago everyone couldn't believe just how many we had in us! They told me to hold off on that section for now and once it cools off we are gonna have everyone come to help me get it back in shape. Im gonna try to schedule that for the same time that we do our next hang/hike so I have all hands on deck since its in such bad shape now.
    This sounds like a good plan. I keep waiting to get that meat allergy, but so far I’m good. That would not be fun.
    I sew things on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Sounds good. Hopefully the little buggers won’t be so active. I’ll definitely be bringing duct tape next time - just in case...

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigglet View Post
    Sounds good. Hopefully the little buggers won’t be so active. I’ll definitely be bringing duct tape next time - just in case...
    I’m seriously considering starting a opossum breeding program for Cecil County. Down with ticks!
    I sew things on youtube.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Welcome from Cecil County MD ! As Jelly mentioned above, a few times a year we get together to do maintenance on the section of the Mason Dixon Trail that I am responsible for, from Perryville to the DE line. We usually get an early start Saturday morning, have lunch on the trail and when we are done , we then head back to my property here in Carpenter's Point ( between Perryville and North East ) that's right on the Bay and either hang down on my beach or in the Ponderosa pine grove that's in the middle of my neighborhood. Last time we hung Friday night and worked on the trail Saturday. Your more than welcome to join us on the trail and for the hang. It's nothing big, usually between 4 and 10 of us, we do community dinner and breakfast and have a bonfire to help me get rid of some of the driftwood that washes up on my beach. It's a lot of fun , everyone is super friendly and can help you with any issues you might be having with your rig or answer questions you might have. I'll put up a post sometime in September so we can plan the next one, so if your interested let me know or just keep an eye on the trips sub forum. Tigglet is another member that lives in your area if you have any questions. Welcome ! Hope to see you on the trail and at a hang or two this fall !

~ Chesapeake
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Hello from Middletown PA! Welcome to hammocking! I spent a lot of time in Middletown Delaware years ago.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast