Greetings from France

Hi guys,

I'm a 42 years old hanger, originally from the south west of France and now living, after 15 years in Paris, in the top North of our map.

I also am a treeclimber. In 2013 I understood I would have to spend alot of nights into trees as I was starting to be trained as a recreational treeclimbing instructor (facilitating sleep into trees is on of the usual activities) and I started to sleep at home in a hammock in order to get used to it. I enjoyed it so much that I slept into it during 4 years.

It's been a releif as it appeared that what I thought was an articulary injury in my back was in fact a chronic pain due to my neurologic condition. I am Asperger autist witch, in my case and with many other things, comes with muscular spasms during sleeps (a phenomenum kind of close to epylepsia but fortunatly a lot lighter though very painfull), anxiety disorders and sleeping apnea correlated to nightmares / stress, and (if I am not forced to) a high appeasement feeling enclosed.

Sleeping in a hammock calmed me down a lot and I almost had no back pain during 4 years. But now I live with my girlfriend and, damnation, she sleeps in a bed. Worse : during hollydays she enjoys sleeping in a tent. Like, on the ground... -_-

So I got to do 2 things :

A- DIY a hammock like the Vertex so we can enjoy camping together.
    B- DIY some solution to sleep in our bed but within a hammock...

And I come here to find contributions that could help me for that.

Thanks for your sharings. Best Regards.
    Last edited by Bradypus; 08-24-2018 at 12:02.

Hammock
    WB, DH, SLD
    Tarp
    ZPacks, Thunderfly
    Insulation
    EE, Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5/Beckett
    Bonjour!

It’s amazing to hear stories of folks who have painful conditions such as yours that have experienced relief by sleeping in a hammock. I’ve not slept on the ground while camping in two years, and it’s been wonderful.

Salut

It is indeed good both for my physiological and psychological health. I wouldn't say it is a perfect solution for everyone, but it looks clear it can be at least for some.

It had only one drawback when it comes to health condition... I've slept a lot with one of my legs out of it and it produced a compression point under my knee. That compression produced a deep vein thrombosis that had been long and constraining to heal. It was only due to a daily bad use of it during many monthes, so I guess it can't happen if used time to time, or just laying without puting legs out.

• + New Posts