Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    Interesting stand. I like the size and portability over my diy old dog stand, not sure I like my head and feet that close to the poles, how many times have you bumped/kicked them? Do you need to be careful how you get out when the head end is tied down?

Has anyone used one of these at the beach? I'm wondering how deep you'd have to bury the stakes in the sand.
    No head or feet taps like I say in the video.
    I have adjusted it by spreading base width mainly and adjusting hammock height.

As in the video...once you have the head-tether line secured with the shock-cord on it, then getting in and out is no problem as long as your stakes are set well.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Chameleon, Hammeck Envy-S, Amok,
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    CBs or whoopies
    Shug, your videos are becoming a drain on my wallet. I have seen other videos of this and it didn't seem like something I really needed. Now it looks like I need one. This will fit better in my Jeep than my Hammeck 400. Second time in a 2 weeks one of your videos has reached into the deep folds of my wallet. Cheers Shug!
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewbud View Post
    Shug, your videos are becoming a drain on my wallet. I have seen other videos of this and it didn't seem like something I really needed. Now it looks like I need one. This will fit better in my Jeep than my Hammeck 400. Second time in a 2 weeks one of your videos has reached into the deep folds of my wallet. Cheers Shug!
    Not my intent to drain you.
    My intent is to make your life better......;-)

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    Has anyone used one of these at the beach? I'm wondering how deep you'd have to bury the stakes in the sand.
    I don't own a Tensa4 stand--although, between following development and Shug's new video, I'm definitely coveting one. I have used Orange Screw anchors in sand. In loose dry sand with large granules, even the large anchors struggle to hold, especially with a vertical pulling force on them. Densely-packed and especially damp sand would probably hold much better. The shallower the angle from horizontal on your tether/tieout, the more likely you'll get away without an accidental extraction.

Short answer: all the way is the only way, in any ground.
    Last edited by Snaps; 08-20-2018 at 13:42.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20 UQ
    Suspension
    whoppie sling
    another great video. I own the 40 lb. Hammeck stand (no longer sold), which works great for backyard and car camping. I am trying to see what advantages this new stand would offer over the Hammeck. It packs smaller and is much lighter, but for car camping, that's not a very important issue, and it's still way too heavy for backpacking. I can see the attraction for motorcycle camping or canoeing, but I don't do those.

How long does it take an experienced user to set this thing up?

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Thank you Shug for this great review. Your juggling skills are incredible as well. I was considering one of these Tensa 4's and now I feel confident that they are definitely the one to go with for their light weight and compactness. I also made a DIY Turtledog which is great, but definitely is too heavy and bulky to ever leave my backyard.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Re beach/sand setup, see

Re setup time, I'm experienced. I haven't set a timer yet, but I would put a few dollars down that I can get it from in the bag to laying in hammock in 2:00, maybe 2:30. Taking it easy, 4:00. Very first time: give yourself 15-20, time to mess up a couple times and sort it out. These are minutes/seconds, not hours :-).

Early on, we considered a contest with prize for video footage of the fastest setup, but we'd also give points for not looking hurried. We're still not sure we know the very most efficient/smooth process. We may yet do it, after more people own the current production stands (keyed tubing), bigger pool.
    Last edited by Latherdome; 08-20-2018 at 22:53.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jhersh View Post
    another great video. I own the 40 lb. Hammeck stand (no longer sold), which works great for backyard and car camping. I am trying to see what advantages this new stand would offer over the Hammeck. It packs smaller and is much lighter, but for car camping, that's not a very important issue, and it's still way too heavy for backpacking. I can see the attraction for motorcycle camping or canoeing, but I don't do those.

How long does it take an experienced user to set this thing up?
    I too have the Hammeck stand.
    In my opinion the Tensa is just a lighter..VERY much lighter and smaller option.
    If you had to tote it into a Festival from far away parking to set up your hammock, that would be an advantage. It also sets up well on a slope and you can still hang level.
    Easier to move from one location to another whilst set-up is easier than the Hammeck for one person.
    Just like the Hammeck stand...once you set it up a couple of times it is easy.
    But sounds like you are good to go for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    Thank you Shug for this great review. Your juggling skills are incredible as well. I was considering one of these Tensa 4's and now I feel confident that they are definitely the one to go with for their light weight and compactness. I also made a DIY Turtledog which is great, but definitely is too heavy and bulky to ever leave my backyard.
    Yessir...compactness and lightness rule the day!

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    You know, I've heard about setting it up on a slope, but I haven't seen how that's done. Do you set the feet on the slope, or the the apexes facing up/down the slope (with the feet at the same level as each other)? I assume that the feet are on the slope, with one being higher than the other.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Seems to me that setup on uneven ground would have to mean that either your head or feet are pointed uphill... probably your head, unless you're really confident in your foot anchor.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast