Tarp
    8X10 Flat Tarp
    Insulation
    UQ & Top Quilt
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW HIKER View Post
    Living in the Pacific Northwest I began to wonder how many Hammock Enthusiasts are in my neck of the woods.
    Here in Washington as well. Always looking for people to hang with!- right now have been using hipcamp.com to find private land to hang on until they open overnights back up for us-cheaper than a fine I suppose. Generally go from highway 20, to 90, to the Olympics- but game for adventures anywhere within a 2-3 hour drive for one night and a longer drive if staying at least 2 nights.

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Hey, all. Thought I would check in on our PNW hanger community to see if everyone is doing okay. How everybuggy doing?

Excited that things are opening up again here in WA! Haven't tried my rig out up here, so I'm trying to get out this weekend. How are you?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    8X10 Flat Tarp
    Insulation
    UQ & Top Quilt
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Doin well creativeKayt! Back to hanging again- mainly off 90 as it's been good weather thataway. Hopin to see more hangers out here!

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images
    I was supposed to hang in the Hood River area (this week!) for the Gorge Downwind Champs, but covid ruined those plans I was looking forward to having some legitimately large trees and shade compared to the SoCal scrub trees. Ohh well, I'll plan on it again next year

Hammock
    UKH Woodsman XL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UQ TQ=salvaged SB
    Suspension
    Straps,rings + diy
    Quote Originally Posted by creativeKayt View Post
    Hey, all. Thought I would check in on our PNW hanger community to see if everyone is doing okay. How everybuggy doing?
    Doing well, CreativeKayt. And you?

I’d been getting a little twitchy when the Stay At Home order was in full effect, watching the nice days in April-June go by without being able to get out and spends some nights in the hammock.

At the beginning of July, I backpacked with one of my sons up to Pratt Lake, which was nice but buggier than I’dve liked. Looking forward to 2 nights at Denny Creek with the wife & family next week, and looking ahead to a 9 day loop east to Yellowstone and back in August. That’ll be fun because it’ll be my wife’s 1st time there. We’ll also be towing a teardrop trailer for her, and the boys & I’ll either be hanging full time or taking turns keeping her company.

If anyone has suggestions on sites that are friendly to hammocks And small trailers simultaneously around Boise and Coeur d’Alene, I’m open to suggestions.

On another tangent, once we’re able to socialize again, I’d like to take another stab at arranging a group hang here in NW Washington. I’m open to anything from the Olympics to Everett and points east to Wenatchee or south down near Rainier, as long as the roads are navigable. I’d love to see something that compliments the Yeti hang in the Fall or Spring that might get a better turn out from folks who can’t make it down to the Mt Hood area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Perhaps it’s my natural pessimism, but it seems that an awfully large part of travel these days is to see things while you still can.”
    •Bill Bryson, In a Sunburned Country

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Any good spots nearish to Lake Chelan? Looking for a good hammock spot that is a short hike in..
    My DIY Pulk Project
    http://www.landofrath.com/?p=573

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven 11
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just returned from a 2 night 3 day backpacking trip up the Hoh rainforest trail. Lots of people out and everyone wearing masks. Seemed a little strange, people seem afraid to make eye contact totally different than last August on the PCT. I like solo hiking but still make time to be friendly to other hikers. Hopefully this crap ends and we get back to normal.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!
    Finally able to purchase a NW Forest Pass, so time to plan some overnights in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness or areas east. Woot!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli UL
    Insulation
    TQ (HG) + UQ (JRB)
    Suspension
    Hugger + Whoopie
    Images
    Hello fellow PNW hangers. I was able to get out for one overnight trip so far this summer. I went up to White Pass in the Glacier Peak Wilderness. Was going to do a three day loop, but decided to turn back due to snow levels. At White Pass, there were snow-free campsites and at least a few good options for hanging, in case anyone was thinking about going up there.

Does anyone ever organize a group hang in WA? I know right now still isn't a good time for that, but at some point I'd love to meet up, check out everyone's gear, and talk shop, so to speak.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast