WBBB XLC, Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu.
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle

Pole mod on Hammock Gear CF Winter Palace

I'm looking to put a pole mod on my HG CF Palace tarp. 11' ridge line with the 10' width. Looking for info on what has worked for other with this tarp and if you have any pictures of love to see them. Love this tarp but would love to spread the sides out just a bit. Sleep in a WBXLC and with the pull outs it sometime a tight fit when I've got it down tight for weather.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What I use on my Warbonnet tarps are my trekking poles. Since you've sprung for a cuben tarp, I would imagine the last thing you want is to carry the extra weight of a pole mod system, although I have one of those as well (from Warbonnet) that I use canoeing. My poles are super light Gossamer Gear LT5s, and they work great, but I'm not sure if a heavier one would work. One thing I would strongly recommend is to use a continuous ridgeline with any system you go with, since I would not feel comfortable resting the poles on the the tarp ridge, especially if its cuben. Although you can easily make your own, the ridgelines I use are from Myers tech hammock labs, he sells on both Facebook and Ebay. They are really light, work great, and cost less than 20 bucks. I highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu.
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Likes Dirt View Post
    What I use on my Warbonnet tarps are my trekking poles. Since you've sprung for a cuben tarp, I would imagine the last thing you want is to carry the extra weight of a pole mod system, although I have one of those as well (from Warbonnet) that I use canoeing. My poles are super light Gossamer Gear LT5s, and they work great, but I'm not sure if a heavier one would work. One thing I would strongly recommend is to use a continuous ridgeline with any system you go with, since I would not feel comfortable resting the poles on the the tarp ridge, especially if its cuben. Although you can easily make your own, the ridgelines I use are from Myers tech hammock labs, he sells on both Facebook and Ebay. They are really light, work great, and cost less than 20 bucks. I highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I do use a continuous ridge line. And I'm not sure I'll used the mood all the time just looking to see what other do.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware netless
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG Buro/Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware whoopie
    Anyone know where to get the perfect pole mod set for the "journey" tarp?

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Adkins View Post
    I'm looking to put a pole mod on my HG CF Palace tarp. 11' ridge line with the 10' width. Looking for info on what has worked for other with this tarp and if you have any pictures of love to see them. Love this tarp but would love to spread the sides out just a bit. Sleep in a WBXLC and with the pull outs it sometime a tight fit when I've got it down tight for weather.

Not the palace but the HG standard w/doors, however the concept is the same as Mike suggested above. Works great.

Camp_Dutch_03.jpg
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu.
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Not the palace but the HG standard w/doors, however the concept is the same as Mike suggested above. Works great.
    Thanks. I had thought about doing it that way previously and for some reason forgot it and started looking at pole mods. Will try it for sure since all I'll need to add is some prusik knots to the tie outs.

• + New Posts