Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Hammock
    Hennesy Expedition Asym
    Images
    Do I have something to convert my TD to a Tensa?
    Turtledog to Tensa https://imgur.com/a/hVhhGq2

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Turtledogs are typically 7 poles, 6 for the tripods and one longer for the ridge. Tensahedron is 4 identical poles, each a minimum of 8 feet, 100" better for up to 12' hammocks. So the conversion is easy as long as your tripod poles are on the long side.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post
    This caught my eye and curious is this an "Eye Bolt"? I'm creating a Shopping List in HomeD to purchase online and pick up...if anyone could assist me for a HomeD link to this exact bolt, would greatly appreciated, especially the mentioned Grade 5 or 8...no clue what it means and not sure which is better.
    Thanks
    Typical bolt grades available to consumers are grades 2, 5 & 8. The higher the grade the higher the load capability and the higher the price. Grade 2 is your typical zinc coated hardware and under the loads placed on the bolts in a Tensa stand a grade 2 bolt can bend. Grade 5 should be strong enough. For what its worth, grade 2 has a 75ksi capability, Grade 5 and 8 are 120ksi and 150ksi respectively.

Hammock
    SLD TL 1.6
    Tarp
    ThunderFly SP 20D
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, Costco TQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    I have a spare 11'x10' room and I'm considering building either this or a pipe stand (where there is a crossbar). I would like to have the most minimal, lowest footprint setup and unfortunately the walls don't have wood studs so simply anchoring to the wall isn't an option.

Any advice which one would provide the more minimal setup for a room this size? The room also has a desk, chair and a few other things. From the looks of it, I think the width of the tensahedron might take up too much space compared to the pipe stand.

I have an 11' hammock and I weigh ~200lbs.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by uninjured View Post
    I have a spare 11'x10' room and I'm considering building either this or a pipe stand (where there is a crossbar). I would like to have the most minimal, lowest footprint setup and unfortunately the walls don't have wood studs so simply anchoring to the wall isn't an option.

Any advice which one would provide the more minimal setup for a room this size? The room also has a desk, chair and a few other things. From the looks of it, I think the width of the tensahedron might take up too much space compared to the pipe stand.

I have an 11' hammock and I weigh ~200lbs.
    A tensahedron doesn't need to be any longer end to end than a pipe stand as you describe. The ends can be just a few inches wider than the hammock's ridgeline in both cases. A tensahedron typically has a ground footprint of about 6', being the span of the two feet in the middle, while a pipe stand has four feet that may be more narrowly spaced, but that still take up more total floor real estate. Pipe stands indoors typically require no anchoring, though, while a tensahedron does need one or two, not always straightforward indoors. But then, a tensahedron folds up quickly to stow out of the way when not in use, while a pipe stand, not so much.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142