Tarp
    DIY from RSBTR
    Insulation
    non yet
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

Hanging my DIY tarp

Here is a video that I recently uploaded to youtube showing how I tie off and hang my diy tarp that was made from a kit from RipStop by the Roll. I use 1 carabiner and 1 loop alien, which together allows for quick and easy deployment in any environment. I have snake skins which helps keep the tarp from blowing in the wind or dragging the ground while tying out. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/xzzuqJa6DO8

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    There was a time when I was all about Loop Aliens.

Rather than larksheading the zingit over the medium eye as you did, try threading it through the small eye, then through the medium eye. It will make sliding it along the zingit much easier. When your ready to lock it in place, simply take a turn with the section of zingit that spans between the small and medium eye, and drop that over the medium eye. When the zingit is then tensioned, it will lock the bite preventing the Loop Alien from moving.

Another tip that you might find useful.. Passing the bite through the large eye can be tricky, especially when there tension on the working end of the line. Cut the large eye open just enough to snap the zingit through the opening. This makes a hook out of the Loop Alien. So rather than wrestling with threading the bite through the large hole, just clip the Loop Alien over the line and tension it with a 2:1 advantage. Lock it off in the same manner you are now.

If any of this resonates with you, I probably have pictures someplace to help explain.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Diy 11 ft and DD hammock
    Tarp
    Diy
    Insulation
    closed cell foam
    Suspension
    whoopsie slings
    well that is a real nice set up you have there what is the size of you tarp
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY. OTHER TIMES I LET HER SLEEP

Added to my watch later list for the afternoon. Always interested in what another Georgia guy is using. As an aside, checked out your Instagram page and liked the "hike more, worry less" message.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    DIY from RSBTR
    Tarp
    DIY from RSBTR
    Insulation
    non yet
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Thanks, it is approx 12' across the ridgeline and about 5' from corner tie out up to ridgeline. The hammock that I use is approx 11' long, so really good coverage. Here is a link to the instructions I used. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...29523060114529

Hammock
    DIY from RSBTR
    Tarp
    DIY from RSBTR
    Insulation
    non yet
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    Added to my watch later list for the afternoon. Always interested in what another Georgia guy is using. As an aside, checked out your Instagram page and liked the "hike more, worry less" message.
    Thanks man. I am uploading a new video today(hopefully) with close up views as to how I secure my tarp using the caribiner and loop alien. Didn't think I covered it very well in the main video.

Hammock
    DIY from RSBTR
    Tarp
    DIY from RSBTR
    Insulation
    non yet
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    New video has been posted, this one has the close up views as to how I use the loop alien for tie outs.
    https://youtu.be/nnr4Lfa3Vb8

Hammock
    DIY from RSBTR
    Tarp
    DIY from RSBTR
    Insulation
    non yet
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post

Rather than larksheading the zingit over the medium eye as you did, try threading it through the small eye, then through the medium eye. It will make sliding it along the zingit much easier. When your ready to lock it in place, simply take a turn with the section of zingit that spans between the small and medium eye, and drop that over the medium eye. When the zingit is then tensioned, it will lock the bite preventing the Loop Alien from moving.

Another tip that you might find useful.. Passing the bite through the large eye can be tricky, especially when there tension on the working end of the line. Cut the large eye open just enough to snap the zingit through the opening. This makes a hook out of the Loop Alien. So rather than wrestling with threading the bite through the large hole, just clip the Loop Alien over the line and tension it with a 2:1 advantage. Lock it off in the same manner you are now.

If any of this resonates with you, I probably have pictures someplace to help explain.
    I'm trying to follow, but if you have pictures that would def help. lol.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacomakid01 View Post
    I'm trying to follow, but if you have pictures that would def help. lol.
    I am using this setup this weekend.. I'll post some pictures.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post

Take a look at the video on UGQ's site. Pretty straightforward way to use LAs.

As far as cutting a LA goes, what you describe is the LA UFA, although it's offered only in titanium.

• + New Posts