Netty, XLC
    Tarp
    HG Std, Zpacks Asy
    Insulation
    HG, EE, Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    That's true, yes... that's what I'm seeing in TT. I read the OP and saw "the same two threads," and took that to mean one thread duplicated.

I see one thread or post duplicated with the little spinning "loading" icon pretty regularly in TT. That's what I was referring to.

If you see three threads in the FS section currently, that's consistent with what I'm seeing. The "loading" indicator... that's the fault of TT.

Five is right out.
    Confirming only 3 active FS threads. In that case the spinning wheel is confusing, but it's not like I'm missing anything

for sale.jpg

The tapatalk update with the ads is the worst thing (for me) that's happened on Hammock Forums. SW bugs I know are not intentional - I don't hold a grudge on that - just trying to highlight issues so they are known.

My vent on ads is just that. Hammock forums can say tapatalk is a separate entity, i.e it's their decision who to sell ads to, but Hammock Forums chose tapatalk. So I ask - are you part of the problem or part of the solution? I spend a lot more time on other forums because of how annoying tapatalk has become. Maybe that is also part of the reason that the FS forum is so slow. If you just use the website you may not realize the quality of the experience. I can complain to Tapatalk, but they'll probably listen to the forum owner more - especially if they are considering a change to another delivery platform.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    It’s no different than seeing an ad on TV: just keep lipping the channel, or scrolling in this case.

Tapatalk works fine. Are there ads? Sure. Are they obtrusive? No, not really.

I haven’t ran into the ad content the OP mentions. Maybe because I simply ignore them to begin with.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    I'm almost certain I paid for Tapatalk a long time ago, because I never see any ads.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slbear View Post

Have I mentioned the ads suck and are mostly spam sights with inappropriate content and ad/malware?

Hammock forums really think about who they are serving with this tapatalk ad campaign. It's not the hammock community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I remembered this discussion and saw you brought it up a year ago. The mods explained HF has no control over ads on Tapatalk.
    Have you raised the issue with the Tapatalk people? That’s where I would start.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    I'm almost certain I paid for Tapatalk a long time ago, because I never see any ads.
    Same here. Especially since it seems they went to a subscription model to get the same benefit. Yikes.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slbear View Post
    Confirming only 3 active FS threads. In that case the spinning wheel is confusing, but it's not like I'm missing anything

for sale.jpg

The tapatalk update with the ads is the worst thing (for me) that's happened on Hammock Forums. SW bugs I know are not intentional - I don't hold a grudge on that - just trying to highlight issues so they are known.

My vent on ads is just that. Hammock forums can say tapatalk is a separate entity, i.e it's their decision who to sell ads to, but Hammock Forums chose tapatalk. So I ask - are you part of the problem or part of the solution? I spend a lot more time on other forums because of how annoying tapatalk has become. Maybe that is also part of the reason that the FS forum is so slow. If you just use the website you may not realize the quality of the experience. I can complain to Tapatalk, but they'll probably listen to the forum owner more - especially if they are considering a change to another delivery platform.
    As OutandBack said in June 2017 Tapatalk is not part of Hammock Forums and therefore Hammock Forums has no control over what users see in the way of advertisement from it. Personally, if I had my way about it, there would be no Tapatalk interface to Hammock Forums but the members here do want it so ATTROLL (owner of Hammock Forums) keeps it.

I use Chrome on my phone and my desktop. Tapatalk gave me nothing but a pain when I tried to use it on my Samsung phone. The ads were almost unbearable and I had no wish to pay for yet another application.

IMO you have a couple of options
    1) stop using Tapatalk and use a browser on your phone.
    2) pay for Tapatalk and the advertisements go away

Those are about the only answers that I know of and they are the same ones that were suggested back in June 2017.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Netty, XLC
    Tarp
    HG Std, Zpacks Asy
    Insulation
    HG, EE, Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    As OutandBack said in June 2017 Tapatalk is not part of Hammock Forums and therefore Hammock Forums has no control over what users see in the way of advertisement from it. Personally, if I had my way about it, there would be no Tapatalk interface to Hammock Forums but the members here do want it so ATTROLL (owner of Hammock Forums) keeps it.

I use Chrome on my phone and my desktop. Tapatalk gave me nothing but a pain when I tried to use it on my Samsung phone. The ads were almost unbearable and I had no wish to pay for yet another application.

IMO you have a couple of options
    1) stop using Tapatalk and use a browser on your phone.
    2) pay for Tapatalk and the advertisements go away

Those are about the only answers that I know of and they are the same ones that were suggested back in June 2017.
    Right you are Deb, those are my options. Not trying to pick on the mods. Time for me to remove Tapatalk for good.

Images
    If the ads coming from taptalk are not family friendly maybe Rick needs to take another look at this service and possibly stop using it.

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    If the ads coming from taptalk are not family friendly maybe Rick needs to take another look at this service and possibly stop using it.
    I dont ever see ads and I have never paid for the tapatalk service....but if I ever saw one NSFW j would delete it FAST

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    I too don't see many ads and I do not pay for Tapatalk
    But the ads you do see are based off what you have searched for in the past
    And I have never seen a nsfw add
    Love Tapatalk talk