Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images

Bed Bath and Beyond Hammock Deal

Our local Bed Bath and Beyond has Eco Trekker Hammocks ( think ENO clone ) marked down to $7.25. Comes with hammock, carabinners, and daisy chain tree straps. At this price I picked one up to play with even though I know it will be to short for me to be comfortable in. It may end up in a raffle down the road. At this price it was worth it just for the straps.

114" long and 54" wide
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Wow, not a bad deal at all! Great to have spares!!!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    for something to just toss in the vehicle for emergency napping, sub 8 bucks is a fine deal

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Now that's where I go for my hammocks Also remember to bring the coupon. Actually at that price keep the straps and carabiners and give the hammock to a youngster.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up a couple. I was in need of straps for two sets I'm making for my nieces.

FYI... I searched the entire store looking for these and while waiting in line at customer service, I spot them along the exit wall.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    I wish we had one close...I would grab more than 1 lol

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Bonded Wide Winter
    Insulation
    SheltoweeUQ/UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Haven'tSettledYet
    Thinking of picking a few up for the straps & biners, and using the material for other projects.
    Enjoying my fall into the rabbit hole...

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings

Review of Eco Trekker Single Travel Hammock

The Eco Trekker Single Travel Hammock is a generic 3 panel nylon "parachute" hammock but is actually an excellent value at the current closeout price. The hammock comes with thick cord "continuous loops", heavy carabiners, and tree straps (which is amusing since the attached tag says "Hanging straps sold separately".

I measured it at 112" by 55" (9.3' x 4.6') so their claim of 114" x 54" is pretty close (I didn't separate out the hardware when I measured so I may be slightly off).

IMG_7184.jpgIMG_7185.jpgIMG_7186.jpgIMG_7187.jpg

The straps are 1 1/2" wide and 10' long with triple stitching down the length and triple stitching separating each loop. They are not symmetrical because one end starts with a 6" loop and follows with a 15" loop and then transitions into the rest being smaller 4" loops. If somebody know why there is a large loop at one end I'd appreciate and explanation because in my mind it would be more convenient to have them symmetrical so I didn't have to think about which end I grab. They are a bit heavy but are well made and I would expect to easily hold the weight.

IMG_7188.jpgIMG_7189.jpgIMG_7190.jpgIMG_7193.jpg

The body of the hammock is stitched with even stitching and the inner panels are triple stitched. This part of the hammock seems very well made.

IMG_7195.jpgIMG_7196.jpg

The continuous loops and carabiner are heavy duty and, well, heavy. They will do a good job supporting the hammock but I desperately want to replace them with some Amsteel 7/64 and Nano carabiners or a whoopie sling but this is just a layabout hammock for me so I'm not in any hurry.

IMG_7197.jpg

The only real negative quality I found in the hammock was the end channel stitching. It's triple stitched but the ends have loose threads on all four corners. I don't think this will affect the safety but it just looks messy.

IMG_7198.jpg

The hammock consists of:
    • Hammock Body - 337g
    • Straps (2) - 312g
    • Carabiners (2) - 126g
    • Continuous Loops (2) - 28g

for a total of 803g / 28.3 oz. / 1.77 lbs.

Conclusion:
    This is not a lightweight hammock but at the current price (I got it for $5.93 after a 20% coupon) it's a nice addition to the collection. It's surprisingly well made. Consider that the Eno Single Nest is close in size and $60 at REI although half the weight.

The two outside panels are pretty large so you get two seams running down the hammock which is always a bit annoying since they don't stretch like the rest of the fabric.

The straps are a pleasant surprise. They are well made and quite wide. I know a lot of places want 2" straps and if they don't look too close these could easily be mistaken for 2" straps (not that I'm advocating anything shady, mind you). I just think more tree protection is better than less.

And as a side note, the attached storage bag is actually big enough to store the hammock and straps without much of a struggle.

The real test is how it hangs. You are not going to get a lot of diagonal lay with this but you get a bit and it's surprisingly comfortable. This wouldn't be my first choice for overnight sleeping (because I've been spoilt using bridges) but for an afternoon nap this would be quite comfortable and I've slept in worse. I plan to leave it in the car so I always have a hammock available.

I know this is a bit excessive for a generic hammock but I was surprised how good a value it was and wanted to show everyone else the positives and negatives so they can decide if they want to pick up one before they disappear. I went to 2 different Bed, Bath, and Beyond looking for a specific color (red) and both stores had them but in limited quantities and colors -- red, green, and blue.

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner SL
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Nice review scrope, thanks for taking the time to put it together.

I think I will head over to my local BB&B this afternoon and see if they have any left.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I purchased a couple sets for the straps and didn't know what to make with the fabric. Got an idea after car camping with some tent campers this weekend who brought large blue Walmart tarps to create a changing area.

Thought I could sew these two hammocks together and have a lighter more compact system. However, I held one up to the light and it seemed pretty see-through. I'm going to set it up outside, but I'm not hopeful.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast