SLD TL, AMOK
    Tarp
    SLD TH, WB SF
    Insulation
    JRB GL3,GL4,HSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies

"Voyageur” Hammock

Didn't Jared offer a voyageur hammock with peak beaks storage? Did he drop the voyageur line? I did not see it on his website.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I noticed that too. Michigandave will probably chime in with some input on it, but I'm guessing Jared decided not to offer for some reason. That being said, I wonder if he'd make one upon request if someone wanted one?
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hey, I just noticed that too. IMO, it's an awesome hammock for off-bug season/cool weather/winter camping. Here's my review: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Storage-review

It's worth an email to Jared if you want one made...he's always been very accommodating whenever I've wanted something!

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    I got a pm from a hf member 2 months ago asking about the voyageur i once owned, i too noticed the sudden disappearance of the offering too. I wrote jared & he said he was slimming down his offerings of things that did not sell well. He said he only sold 3 voyageurs since it was offered. He dropped that to focus on his ever so popular trail lair. However he did say if somebody wanted it he would make it but again would no longer offer it online.
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
    I got a pm from a hf member 2 months ago asking about the voyageur i once owned, i too noticed the sudden disappearance of the offering too. I wrote jared & he said he was slimming down his offerings of things that did not sell well. He said he only sold 3 voyageurs since it was offered. He dropped that to focus on his ever so popular trail lair. However he did say if somebody wanted it he would make it but again would no longer offer it online.
    Thanks for the heads up. I had planned on getting one last month and discovered them no longer on his site. Good to know he may still be willing to make one for me. I actually want to use it indoors full time (currently use a Trail Lair but I do like not having to move things around much if I don't have to-- I like to use that particular Trail Lair for car camping as well).

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sloanie View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I had planned on getting one last month and discovered them no longer on his site. Good to know he may still be willing to make one for me. I actually want to use it indoors full time (currently use a Trail Lair but I do like not having to move things around much if I don't have to-- I like to use that particular Trail Lair for car camping as well).
    It’s a great hammock
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Just got in from the backyard after spending another night in mine. I've been using this as my go to cold season hammock for two seasons now and I love it!

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Just got in from the backyard after spending another night in mine. I've been using this as my go to cold season hammock for two seasons now and I love it!
    Me too buddy...me too
    Voyager.jpg
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Superior Gear, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Do the hoods on the end effect the way the hammock lays or are they mostly for looks?

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd1983 View Post
    Do the hoods on the end effect the way the hammock lays or are they mostly for looks?
    I recently had Jared make me one. I was just confirming that it was more or less of a "netless Trail Lair", to which he responded with the following:

"Very similar to the Lair in the way the net was tapered it held the sides of the fabric up more Towards the ends. So the fabric triangles are a little larger to simulate that."

So basically, the way the Trail Lair is designed with the bug net and such, it affects the lay (part of why people rave about how comfortable and flat of a lay they're able to get from their SLD Trail Lairs)-- and since the Voyager doesn't have a bug net, those triangles are larger to help simulate the structural effect the bug net has on the lay of the Trail Lair to get a similar lay without the net. (Hopefully that sentence made sense...)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast