Chameleon Wide Double Layer
    Tarp
    Xenon Wide Hex
    Insulation
    EE Top and EE UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

EE revolt likes and dislikes.

I am thinking about getting a Revolt. I like the weight of the UQ but I would like to get the opinions of others on this UQ before I purchase.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB, DH, SLD
    Tarp
    ZPacks, Thunderfly
    Insulation
    EE, Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5/Beckett
    I had a 20 degree long Revolt. While I loved the light weight and compressibility, it did not perform to my expectations. I had issues with down migration that I believe contributed to a few chilly nights in the 30’s. While during research I encountered similar issues others had. I should have weighed these concerns before dropping that serious coin!

I sold the Revolt and bought a HG Phoenix 20 degree, and even though it's 3/4 length and I have to use a foot pad, it’s kept me warm to it’s temp rating.

I really dig my Enigma topquilts though.

Hammock
    11' Dutchware Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG TQ/UQ 10*
    Suspension
    Dutchware Whoopies
    EE has increased their down by 5% for quilts at a certain temperature rating. You can also request overstuff which helps with down migration. I don't have a Revolt but I do have a Convert and really like it.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    I had a Revolt and I loved it. I did not experience "down migration" except when I wanted to. I think the karo baffle design is nice, especially in an underquilt. I always shake an underquilt before attaching so everything is even or where I want coverage. I had an xshort and supplemented with a pad (sit pad) when it was very cold. Maybe the complaints come from longer underquilts? I now have an HG because I wanted a lower temperature and to try something new. I'd buy another.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I have EE 20 and 40 in 55" length, HG Incubator 0 in full length. All work for me at advertised temps and a bit lower.

I recently got a 40 deg EE Revolt Apex but have not used it yet. Saving it for a rainy day. Literally.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Didn't like the revolt on my bridges. (Down, zero degree rating)
    Overall I think the karo step baffle is perhaps the wrong choice for an UQ.

Maybe it's better on a gathered end... just haven't tried it much for that.
    The options for overstuff would likely help some...

As for a Synthetic Revolt... cannot comment and in that application you might be better off looking at Arrowhead.

That said- Englightened remains one of the best top quilt companies on the planet.
    But its impossible for me not to point someone to another option for UQ's.

The Incubator fits me well, and fits my bridges well.
    The Zeppelin fits my style of construction/preferences and comes in a bit closer to an EE design.

George is doing something interesting with these- https://www.locolibregear.com/gear.h...egory=19561052
    If he expanded this idea I think he'd compete more directly with EE.

As I tell some of my hammock friends... it's not that the cottage hammock guys do not make very nice stuff...
    But Enlightened has been making very nice stuff for a decade and they've got things down for the most part when talking top quilts.
    They also have the experience and production in place to turn things around at a reasonable lead time.

That said... for budget minded options... the hammock options are better and I steer my $$$ minded ground dwelling friends to the hammock vendors.
    And some of the hammock guys are catching up in spots too.

I still like EE for top quilts.
    Arrowhead for Apex.

Underquilts- talk to your hammock vendor of choice.

I bought a Revolt short but returned it cause I could not get it to fit on my Blackbird XLC. The shock cord was way too short to the point where, when I got in the hammock, it felt like I was in a slingshot. I liked the quilt though, although it looked a little flimsy compared to a HG Phoenix. On the other hand, it's really light and well made, and I love EE's stuff. I'm looking for a 20° UQ and I'm considering giving the Revolt another try, in the standard 65 inch length this time.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    I bought a Revolt short but returned it cause I could not get it to fit on my Blackbird XLC. The shock cord was way too short to the point where, when I got in the hammock, it felt like I was in a slingshot. I liked the quilt though, although it looked a little flimsy compared to a HG Phoenix. On the other hand, it's really light and well made, and I love EE's stuff. I'm looking for a 20° UQ and I'm considering giving the Revolt another try, in the standard 65 inch length this time.

This is one thing, the short suspension, that I think is a legit gripe. It's easily fixed, by switching out the shock cord or adding to it, but it's too **** short for sure.

Yeah, that's why I'm going to go with the longer model this time. I called customer service and they offered to send a longer shock cord, but I didn't want to re- string the quilt myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    This is one thing, the short suspension, that I think is a legit gripe. It's easily fixed, by switching out the shock cord or adding to it, but it's too **** short for sure.

• + New Posts