Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I was just wondering, does the amok 5.0 xl require a special tarp, or will it work with a 12 foot winter palace ccf tarp or something similar?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    the 12 foot refers to Ridgeline length, amok only need 9 foot, so in that regards, tons of length

you need a much wider tarp for the draumr tho, at least 65 or 70 inches, each side

Hammock
    Draumr 5 XL
    Had a wonderful night out in the Draumr 5.0 XL. Waking up in this thing, propping your head up in chair mode with a view, all the problems of the world forgotten. I added a trekking pole to the front of the tarp for a better view.

IMG_5647.jpg

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quick question for anyone who owns a draumer xl---any idea how long the ridge line on the hammock is? Is it adjustable?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    the Ridgeline is not adjustable

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    One more question.............does any one out there use the draumer xl for full time indoor hanging? (And if so, if you use the draumer and pad every night, how long do you think it would last?)

--unknown

Images
    I have my Draumr 3.0 and FJOL as an indoor hang, the latest Bipod stand to support it:

IMG_0143.JPG

Three years of use indoors, no problems.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the info! One more question- when the hammock is set up in chair mode, does the bug net still work?
    Are you able to sleep like in a recliner and still have bug protection?
    Last edited by stevebo; 10-10-2023 at 17:55.

--unknown

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Thanks for the info! One more question- when the hammock is set up in chair mode, does the bug net still work?
    Are you able to sleep like in a recliner and still have bug protection?
    Affirmative~~
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    stevebo, the bugnet can be deployed in chair mode and I attach an old Navy lanyard to ease moving the zipper past the foot box to not fold into a pretzel and flip over. The flipping danger is primarily moving too far back on the mattress where the weight of the torso flips the feet up and you tank into the ground on your neck and head.

Turtle speed for this following suggestions please.

Proper height and tensioning of the Amok is something that must be adjusted to your comfort.

I loosen up the back lounger straps all the way, and tighten the foot box straps, leaving 4-inches of foot box strap adjustment on both the Port and Starboard sides still available.

Now, with a 3/4 inflated FJOL air mattress, a pillow or some other weighted item can be placed in the bottom of the foot box. With the footbox in the chair mode, grab the pump bag and get a good firm inflation by squeezing the pump bag between crossed arms and chest. Disconnect the pump bag and keep it handy.

The height of the hang will now be adjusted by 1-inch increments on the Port and Starboard straps. I also use the metal pole stiffeners to help tension the bug net up and out of your "bedroom". This also has the advantage of a repeatable height set up at differing campsites.

The height that I use is to put the tip of the top pole stiffener right at the crotch, as in the top of the pubes.

Removing the pillow weight from the bottom of the footbox, you can now stand straight in front of the Amok and begin to slowly back walk while grabbing the Port and Starboard footbox tensioning fabric pockets, not the straps themselves. Grab the inboard fabric near the inflatable pad, and pull it into you.

Continue to edge backwards, there will come a point where you can ease into a sitting position with your feet straddling the pole tensioner in the footbox.

Just relax for a moment and see if you can just sit and not rock backwards or forwards. Placing clenched fists aside your hipbones, edge backwards by lifting you weight off of the air mattress. Get as far back as you can, and now lean backwards while hooking your left and right feet underneath and inward to lift the footbox up to a normal flat level.

Slowly work your way back into a neutral position...too far forward and you will not be level, having your feet below your back and shoulders. Too far back on the mattress, and now your feet will be above your head and you will simply fall backwards into a disaster.

Use one hand on the Amsteel ridgeline as a safety device.

Take the two or three minutes to slowly edge backwards by lifting the pelvis and lower back off the mattress while pulling your upper body backwards. Move 3-4 inches, relax and stretch out fully and see if your feet and head are level, neither being higher off the ground than the other.

Suddenly you fill find that magic spot on your back where you can just relax and magically you will be able to sleep on your stomach, your side, or you back.

A tube pillow is a must in my opinion.
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 10-10-2023 at 20:01.

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast