Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    JustBill's Biggy Deluxe
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Zepp/LL Ghost Pepr
    Images
    I've had Lawsons Glowire for a couple years and have never noticed any dust coming off of loss of reflectivity. I love the stuff. If there's light around, you see this stuff. I'll trip over everything else
    But for the grace of God, there, I go...

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben Hexalite
    Insulation
    InsuLite Foam
    Suspension
    TreeStrap/Whoopie
    Hi Baka Dasai,

This is the first time in millions of feet of glowire and many years of making the line that I have ever heard a section of line that is less reflective then another section of line. What you describe would not be due to braiding. The braiding is done on highly accurate machines. They are probably as accurate as a Swiss watch.. Its not done by hand. So every single pick per inch (braid) is precise. Its made on machines with gears. The take up gears that form the braid cannot turn without the bottom drive gears that move the bobbins/carriers turning them. Its locked together like a Master Lock.. So as a result they do not go out of "time" and create areas that are "more buried or less buried". Additionally the strands lay next to one another. It's not possible to lay them on top of one another. Cord/Rope is a precisely manufactured product. That is why the weight, diameter, break strength, etc, etc, is consistent from production run to production run.

There are two strands of reflective tracers.. So there are 14 strands of Polyester & 2 strands of reflective. So each of the two reflective tracers come from a different bobbin and are from a different spool of reflective yarn. So if one strand was defective then every other reflective "fleck" would not be reflective. If both are defective at the same time in the same spot/section of line. That would probably have a lower probability then winning the lottery.. I am not saying it can't happen. I just don't see how it's possible at all.

So if the defective tracer is not alternating and it's both tracers then the only possible way I can think this would happen would be to abrade that section.. So are you sure this is not what happened? Did you buy the line from me or someone else?

If the line is truly defective then I really want to know.. So please post a photo of what your describing as I would like to see whats going on. In exchange I will send you a new hank of cord as what you describe should not be happening. My email address is Info at Lawson Equipment dot com. In the email please tell me what color cord you want, what size, what length and your ship to address as I would like to send you a new Hank of cord out.. Or if your just not happy with my product and would prefer to buy something else, please let me know and I will give you a full refund so you can do so.

Thanks,
    Lawson
    Last edited by Mountainfitter; 08-08-2018 at 09:56.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Good info here, thanks everyone! I'm not bashing any of these products because of the "dust", I just want to get away from that if possible. Besides, I would trip on lines even if lit up like mini strobe lights!

I use this line because it is 110% perfect IMO - in regards to the size, less tangle, no stretch, feel, look, taste, everything. I searched everywhere for the exact same thing without reflective thread but keep coming up short.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Good info here, thanks everyone! I'm not bashing any of these products because of the "dust", I just want to get away from that if possible. Besides, I would trip on lines even if lit up like mini strobe lights!

I use this line because it is 110% perfect IMO - in regards to the size, less tangle, no stretch, feel, look, taste, everything. I searched everywhere for the exact same thing without reflective thread but keep coming up short.
    Huh, I'll have to taste it...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Ok, folks, this time instead of editing, I am removing posts and income has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the TOS:

E. Vendors will not directly criticize another vendor or their products. This includes asking pointed questions with the intent to highlight shortcomings.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    All I wanted was to post about the great stuff and new products I got from Lawson Equipment the other day!!! Sheesh. This went haywire fast!

Keep it real folks and I'll keep my tarp staked and reflective!

Another satisfied customer here of Lawson's 100% USA made products. I've been using the reflective glowire with my tarp pullouts using line locs. Never had an issue of it ever flaking off and the line holds up well. Good stuff plus the free shipping is an added bonus.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    DIY UCR-LoopDLoop
    +1

Love the Glowire, unparalleled reflectivity, and I have seen no flaking in two years. Same of the UltraGlide Bear Line. That they are made in the USA by someone committed to their craft makes them all the better.

The new Bar Tensioners are even better than the original, and I only wish I could get my hands on a few more Loop D Loops.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    JacksRBetr 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB 20deg set
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    And you thought cordage was boring!

Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    All I wanted was to post about the great stuff and new products I got from Lawson Equipment the other day!!! Sheesh. This went haywire fast!

Keep it real folks and I'll keep my tarp staked and reflective!

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Othello View Post
    +1

Love the Glowire, unparalleled reflectivity, and I have seen no flaking in two years. Same of the UltraGlide Bear Line. That they are made in the USA by someone committed to their craft makes them all the better.

The new Bar Tensioners are even better than the original, and I only wish I could get my hands on a few more Loop D Loops.
    Think I'm going to splice up some Statline into a necklace length dogbone and make a necklace out of a Bar Tensioner! Just for fun.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast