Any Xshort EE UQ Users Out There?

As previously mentioned I am shedding weight anywhere I can & am considering an Xshort 50degree EE UQ (so 45" UQ)

All my packs are unpadded, so at min I always bring 30" or so length of 1/8 padding that gets multiuse (pack padding, sit pad, protection for my neoair on treks w/ no trees, I always find uses..).

Any xshort users out there before I push the button? PS I am 5'10"

Images
    I had problems with my EE uq's. The square baffle design wouldnt keep any of the 950fill in place. Each and everytime I pulled it out and hung it up, all the compressed down would fall to tbe bottom of the quilt and i had to redistribute it all once it fluffed up every single time i used it. Got so annoying I sold them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Sounds like a pretty major design flaw. Any other EE users have this problem? They seem to be the only company using such lightweight components, it's hard for me to resist..

Hammock
    SLD Custom Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    EE down TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Dyneema & Ti
    I can’t chime in on the XS size as mine is 65” 10°F, but the baffles in mine work quite well holding the down in place. No issues when hanging in upper teens w/ wind. I too like the weights of their quilts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
    —John Muir

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    I had problems with my EE uq's. The square baffle design wouldnt keep any of the 950fill in place. Each and everytime I pulled it out and hung it up, all the compressed down would fall to tbe bottom of the quilt and i had to redistribute it all once it fluffed up every single time i used it. Got so annoying I sold them.
    I never had this problem.

I was a happy user of an xshort for 2-3 years. Sold for another temp range and to try something different. Loved the packability and lightweight of the partial. 6’ user.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    I never had this problem.

I was a happy user of an xshort for 2-3 years. Sold for another temp range and to try something different. Loved the packability and lightweight of the partial. 6’ user.
    Very helpful Brooklyn, thank you! Who else wants to help me spend money hahaha

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I would strongly recommend getting a 40deg rated simply because the additional down volume helps keep it distributed better. I am 5'9" and find the 55" perfect. The weight difference between 45" and 55" is 1.15 oz.

Mine has 10D shell/850FP and weighs 10.67oz, but you can now get 7D, which is fine unless you're hard on gear. For volume reference, along with this UQ I have a 30deg Enigma TQ, 950FP, reg/reg, 7D shell inside and out, and both it and the Revolt will easily fit into a Zpacks medium roll-top with room to spare.

So my recommendation is 40deg/55" which is 9.14oz with 950FP and 7D shell.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts