Tarp
    DD XL with doors
    Insulation
    SMR inferno UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy Chains
    Images

Thumbs up Amazing Products Amazing Folks

Well. Where to begin. OK so this Spring I was trying to get a Summer camping trip figured out and ended up convincing a friend to go on week long trip in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Now my friend has never in his life gone wilderness camping at we are both in our 50's so he is a bit apprehensive. Now throw in the fact that this will also be the first time he has used a hammock and , well, I wanted to make sure to show him the best possible time and hopefully have many more trips together. Anyway I currently own 2 Dangerbird hammocks from the Smurfs and they are probably the best hammocks for comfort I have owned. I also own a couple cheap hammocks, a WBBB and WBBB XLC models. Don't get me wrong the Warbonnets are very nice but for me I just seemed to need a hammock I can stretch out in a bit more hence the Dangerbirds. Both of my "birds" are normal lay and that has been great but a couple years back I broke my left shoulder in two places and had had problems with it ever since. I toyed with the idea of sending one of mt birds back to the Smurfs and have a left lay net made for it. Contacting Randy he said absolutely no problem. What a pleasure working with folks who not only have perfected their craft but remain humble and kind and want to keep their customers happy and satisfied. Well just about the time I was going to send it in my daughter borrowed the hammock and absolutely fell in love with it ---- dangers of loaning out great pieces of kit. So I decided to gift her the hammock but this now leaves me 1 hammock short for the trip and also does not address my shoulder concerns. I went back and forth for a couple months before finally deciding to give the Smurfs a call and place an order for a Sparrow with all the bells and whistles including a symmetrical lay and wide as possible 1.6 hyper d xl fabric. I had been watching the lead times and was ok until the time I went to place the actual order. It was then I realized the lead time had jumped to 7 weeks and my trip was 1 day shy of 6 weeks away. Well I start emailing and Deanna sends back the reply YES we can get it done in time!!!!! WOW I said great and placed the order. Well I said the order came with all the bells and whistles and that is true except the fact I had changes the order 4 different times adding content each time and Deanna continuing to support my timeline. Well she not only kept her word but beat it by a week. This gave me time to set the hammock up in my backyard ad go for a test drive. I can only say the hammock and its components beat all my expectations. The craftsmanship is superb, and Randy and Deanna are fantastic folks and a pleasure to know and work with. This is now my third hammock from them and feel pretty confident as the hammocks evolve it won't be my last.
    I sit here on my couch drinking coffee and writing this post and am so excited to be going on the trip - I don't leave till this Tuesday. I will have to share the trip outcome when I get back - so thank you Randy and Deanna for making this trip possible.

Sorry for the long rave but I cannot say enough good things about these two. THANK YOU RANDY AND DEANNA - YOU ARE BEST AND I AM PROUD TO KNOW YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Dave

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    they are great to work with and make fine hammocks
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

• + New Posts