Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I just received the reservation confirmation mail. Two weeks until BACONFEST!!!

One thing to note from their email and why you might want to pack some earplugs:

Great Blue Herons can be found nesting in the pine trees in the group camp area at Devil's Lake from mid-March until the end of July to early August. The young hatch late April to early May and stay in the nest until late July/early August. During the time the young are in the nest, they can be quite noisy and their "chatter" will continue day and night.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Dutch Wide Netless
    Tarp
    12' Hex
    Insulation
    RSBTR DIY Kit
    Suspension
    Breeze Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    I just received the reservation confirmation mail. Two weeks until BACONFEST!!!

One thing to note from their email and why you might want to pack some earplugs:

Great Blue Herons can be found nesting in the pine trees in the group camp area at Devil's Lake from mid-March until the end of July to early August. The young hatch late April to early May and stay in the nest until late July/early August. During the time the young are in the nest, they can be quite noisy and their "chatter" will continue day and night.
    Yes ear plugs are a good thing to have. I camped in the group sites twice last spring with my Scout troop and didn't have any the first time but made sure to pack them the second time we were there. The Herons are kind of cool during the day but can be rather obnoxious in the middle of the night.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Who has tried Kwik Trip's bacon? Two for $4.58 (even if only 12 oz) is still a good deal, but only if it's good. Anyone?

◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    OH MY GOSH!!! THEY ARRIVED!!! A year ago, I contacted Dutch ( from DutchWare gear) to sponsor the prizes for Bacon Bite Night. He said yes and they are in the palm of my hand!!! I'll share a sneak peek next week!

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    We have bought Kwik Trip bacon often. It's pretty good... Can't beat the price :-)

Herons are crazy loud! Thanks for the heads up on the earplugs. See you all soon!

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    This picture shows the location of the overflow parking (and that it is not far of a walk) plus the trail we'll take for our Saturday hike to West Bluff.

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    This picture shows the location of the overflow parking (and that it is not far of a walk) plus the trail we'll take for our Saturday hike to West Bluff.

Which site are we in? Maybe it was in a previous post, or website, or blogpost, or spreadsheet, or on MyFace, but being dicklexic I can't find it.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
    Which site are we in? Maybe it was in a previous post, or website, or blogpost, or spreadsheet, or on MyFace, but being dicklexic I can't find it.
    Aaaah, you didn't watch the video I emailed to you! (It's an excellent watch!) I never post the group site publicly. I'll PM you.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I promised you a sneak peek of what Dutch (from Dutchware Gear) sent as prizes for Bacon Bite Night. It's one-of-a-kind BACON camping gear!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast