Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    WB ELD / SLD TL / HH Del. Expl.
    Tarp
    SLD / Hen / HG
    Insulation
    HG Econ/CDT Gemini
    Quote Originally Posted by cneill13 View Post
    Full length for sure, even in Mississippi. I have JRB Nest that I bought for my Hennessey many years ago. While my Hennessey is gone, I still use my Nest almost every time I go out. Even in the summer in Georgia.
    Haha, I see you have a SLD Trail Lair too. That's what I'm planning to spend the rest of my birthday money on.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I use a 3/4 quilt with foot pad and have never had cold feet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    JRBNest, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Haha, I see you have a SLD Trail Lair too. That's what I'm planning to spend the rest of my birthday money on.
    The Trail Lair Is my favorite hammock. You will not be disappointed.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    Another 3/4 or less UQ user. I've always been fine.

My recommendation since you like the idea of a 3/4 length quilt is to buy one. Then, after some use if you decide you don't like it, sell it and buy a full length. UQs and TQs are very easy to sell for little or no loss in value. If you like it, great.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    My recommendation since you like the idea of a 3/4 length quilt is to buy one. Then, after some use if you decide you don't like it, sell it and buy a full length. UQs and TQs are very easy to sell for little or no loss in value.
    I'm guilty of that...ordering/selling the exact same phoenix UQ...twice! Yes, I'm insane

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    My first UQ was a 20* HG 3/4 Phoenix which I used for two years in temps from 70* down to 13* F. I didn't need a pad as long as it stayed at 30* F or above. Below 30* F, I struggled with the pad and my feet constantly got cold. The only thing that worked for me was putting my wool anorak in the footbox to keep my feet warm. I don't always carry that anorak, so I searched for another solution.

I ended up getting a 0* full-length Incubator, and following the 10* buffer rule - always make sure your quilts are rated at least 10* warmer than the expected lows. Following that rule, my feet haven't been cold since!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WB ELD / SLD TL / HH Del. Expl.
    Tarp
    SLD / Hen / HG
    Insulation
    HG Econ/CDT Gemini
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    Another 3/4 or less UQ user. I've always been fine.

My recommendation since you like the idea of a 3/4 length quilt is to buy one. Then, after some use if you decide you don't like it, sell it and buy a full length. UQs and TQs are very easy to sell for little or no loss in value. If you like it, great.
    I think I like this idea. I keep going back and forth between the 3/4 length and the full length. The holdup is the 7 week build time at HammockGear. This will be my first cottage custom order, so the lead time is going to be agonizing. If I order one today, it will be almost October before I get it in. And if I don't like it then, it will be almost December before I would get the full length one in.

The fact that the 3/4 length is significantly cheaper is a nice selling point to me. I'm trying to buy quality gear while at the same time stretching my money as far as I can.

Thanks for all the feedback one way or the other. Glad to see many of you are perfectly content with the 3/4 length UQs. I will say that I am 6' tall so a 3/4 length might be more of a 2/3 length for me. Ha.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    I think I like this idea. I keep going back and forth between the 3/4 length and the full length. The holdup is the 7 week build time at HammockGear. This will be my first cottage custom order, so the lead time is going to be agonizing. If I order one today, it will be almost October before I get it in. And if I don't like it then, it will be almost December before I would get the full length one in.

The fact that the 3/4 length is significantly cheaper is a nice selling point to me. I'm trying to buy quality gear while at the same time stretching my money as far as I can.

Thanks for all the feedback one way or the other. Glad to see many of you are perfectly content with the 3/4 length UQs. I will say that I am 6' tall so a 3/4 length might be more of a 2/3 length for me. Ha.
    Also 6' tall. Last "3/4" UQ I had was only 45"x45". Still fine.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    While you may ultimately be happiest with a full length UQ, my advice is to buy a shorter (ie: Phoenix - my favorite) one and see if it works for you. REturn it if it drives you crazy. Worst case: You decide you don't like it after a few trips and sell it for close to retail. Money well spent to decide what works for you. Then you can buy the full length.

If you go FULL you will always wonder if 3/4 would have been enough! (I did until I now have both )

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    JRBNest, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    The 3/4 quilt sounds like a good idea, until you freeze your feet off one night and wonder why you messed around with comfort just to save a couple of ounces of weight.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast