Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    hutzelbein I look forward to the pics of your BB XL!

I have a WBBBXLC that I have used about 6 times and the bug net zipper breaks on the foot end about every time I get into or out of it... I have to completely unzip it, rezip it then put the scrunchy piece back over to seal the gathered end. Not sure if it's just something I am doing wrong? I also get a really bad calf ridge, and I have just added a carabiner with a couple of clove hitches to shorten the ridge line. Maybe that will fix both issues? I will be out again next weekend to give it a try and play with the setup some.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Just to add my two cents worth, I have been happy with the zippers in/on my WB products. I have awoke more than a few times sleeping on the netting of my hammock. The zipper did not fail even with the load of me stressing the zipper.

About the Hennessy, one of the many things I did not like was the coarseness of the fabric and zippers. I did not find most of HH zippers all that great working. I really like my Dream Hammock and Warbonnet.
    Last edited by IRONFISH45; 09-22-2018 at 22:30.

Hammock
    wb/dutch/dh
    Insulation
    wooki/loco libre
    Suspension
    spider web 2.0
    I wish all the hammocks I owned had warbonnet zippers, they are so smooth.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jlyons View Post
    I have a WBBBXLC that I have used about 6 times and the bug net zipper breaks on the foot end about every time I get into or out of it... I have to completely unzip it, rezip it then put the scrunchy piece back over to seal the gathered end. Not sure if it's just something I am doing wrong? I also get a really bad calf ridge, and I have just added a carabiner with a couple of clove hitches to shorten the ridge line. Maybe that will fix both issues? I will be out again next weekend to give it a try and play with the setup some.
    Before you do anything to the ridgeline, measure it. Is it 112"? There shouldn't be really enough stress on the zippers so that they pop out. The ridgeline is supposed to prevent that. But mistakes sometimes happen; I've had a 10' Blackbird come with the longer ridgeline of the 11' XLC once. Something like this could certainly cause the zippers to malfunction.

If the ridgeline is the correct length, contact Warbonnet. Something definitely isn't working as it should.

I wouldn't shorten (or lengthen) the ridgeline (provided it is the correct length), because you might make things worse. The net is cut to fit the original ridgeline length. If you make the ridgeline too long, it will rip. If you make the ridgeline too short, it will also rip.

The best remedy for a calf ridge I have found is a simple knee pillow. At home I use a nice, big feather pillow. When hiking I use a stuff sack that I fill with whatever soft things I have left. Works like a charm.

Images
    Sounds like you ripped one of the plastic pins off the end, that is about the only reason it would unzip itself from the bottom of the zipper, take a picture of that part of the zipper and email it to me

Images
    People experiencing signifigant calf ridge are often laying too far toward the foot end and need to lower their head end and move their body in that direction (till your nose is even with the farthest side tieout

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Sounds like you ripped one of the plastic pins off the end, that is about the only reason it would unzip itself from the bottom of the zipper, take a picture of that part of the zipper and email it to me
    Is there a fix for this?

Images
    Absolutely

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I received my new Warbonnet Blackbird XLC (I assume Gen 2) on Saturday just gone. I also ordered a Wookie and Underquilt protector (with the extra zipper) to go along with it. Awesome kit and a great package it seems hence this was promptly taken up to the woods for a test hang of course! Now in the wait for the bits to arrive to the UK I've watched every video I could find on all three elements and I've had multiple Warbonnet hammocks before including the original Blackbird and I've been hanging for years so not (hopefully) a noob here.

Setup was no problem, Wookie fitted and tested first; all great (so great I might have dozed off a little while). Next I fitted the UQP between the hammock body and the bugnet zipping both bits to the dual zipper tracks of the UQP. Again seemingly no issues and again all was comfy and warm....so much so I definitely fell asleep for several hours at this point!

Come to tear down however I found that both foot end zippers between hammock and UQP had 'split' and were unzipping back up the hammock. Closer inspection showed that on both sides of the hammock body the zippers had broken and were missing (or about to be missing) the end plastic pins of the zipper.

IMG_0345.jpg

Hopefully if the pic attached you can see what I mean.

Now as soon as I could I emailed Warbonnet back (on the Sunday) including the photo to see what can be done and whilst I've had a single reply since (stating the picture could not be seen and not a lot else) I'm now several days without any reply\response hence posting here to see if anyone else has had this issue or difficulty in getting an email response. I appreciate they could be snowed under and busy (great for them if so) but I'm beginning to worry this might not get sorted.

Peace.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast