Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spidennis View Post
    Anyone from the Rio Grande Valley heading up to the hang? My car isn't quite up to the task right now.
    If you can't find a designated driver here Dennis, you might try posting the same question in the FB group. I know there's some folk from San Antonio, certainly not that Valley but half way anyhow.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 Double Layer
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Top/Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    This is hang is an amazing time. Sooooo looking forward to my second year!

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintouch98 View Post
    Glad you can join us again. Are you signed up on the planning spreadsheet? I didn't see this SN listed.

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Looking forward to it. I have talked Rainman into joining me, and it sounds like James Moreland was in need of a site, so we are more than willing to share, as long as Uncle Mike has us on a site that will support 3-4 hammocks.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiguyver View Post
    Looking forward to it. I have talked Rainman into joining me, and it sounds like James Moreland was in need of a site, so we are more than willing to share, as long as Uncle Mike has us on a site that will support 3-4 hammocks.
    Do you recall how many hammocks the site you were in last year could support? I'm pretty sure it was good for 3, don't recall if 4 would work without a short walk into the brush.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Here's a condensed version of key information from this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    It’s time to start talking about November and the 10th Annual Texas Fall Group Hang! Here’s a “save the date” and link to our FAQs...

...In some years, this planning thread has become a multipage read with some of the details lost in the conversations. To keep the conversations going, yet simplify the scrolling, the FAQs and all the details needed are posted in a Google Doc for everyone’s review.

If you have not been to this event before, don’t worry; details and FAQs are posted and should be a help. Please take a few moments and scroll through some of last year’s planning and trip reports. It will help answer questions you may have and maybe create some that can be addressed on this thread in the weeks to come. Again, so we’re all on the same page, if you haven’t been to this event before, or if you’ve been to every one since we started, please take a few minutes to read the FAQs that can be found at this link....
    So, step 1. READ

Step 2. REGISTER - list accurate and complete info for proper site assignment

As a reminder, please read the FAQs listed here as well as above. That will be of great help as it addresses much of what folks have asked about over the last decade that we've done this...

We have the 62 sites of Cooks Ferry blocked exclusively for our group...

..Those can only be booked through our system noted in those FAQs. The sites in our main area have been checked for trees suitable for hanging hammocks and will be assigned in advance so when folks arrive, they will know exactly where they are going...

...Some prefer to reserve through TPWD and that's fine. In doing so you will not be in the same area as the main group .... You will have a guarantee of a site but direct reservations are not site specific so you will not know your actual site until you get there...
    We're 2 months out! Not time for a countdown, but certainly time to talk about it if you have questions.

If you plan on joining us, please add yourself to the planning spreadsheet if you haven't already. Be sure to put your SN on there as well so we know how to send a PM to you if we need to contact you.

There are still a few sites available in the block where all the festivities will occur so check out the FAQs and if you want one of those sites, shoot the funds to oldgringo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnugAsaBugInaRug View Post
    I believe I'm all signed on and paid up!...

...I want to recap the process I went through to enlighten other noobs. It's super easy! Even people like me that have trouble setting up tents can do it.

After carefully reading the FAQ
    email Oldgringo at [email protected] to find out where to send a PayPal payment
    add your name and some other info onto https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Make a Paypal transfer of $36
    look at the calendar in about 24 hours to make sure that Oldgringo let Uncle Mike know that the payment went through.
    THAT'S IT...

This is a very easy process and it's cheaper than staying at the park on your own. My mind is blown. I can't wait to meet you all there.
    *One note here - It is not necessary to, "email Oldgringo at [email protected] to find out where to send a PayPal payment". The email address listed is the PayPal account ID as well.

You broke the code when you said, "After carefully reading the FAQ" !

Thank you for following that instruction.

Glad the steps made sense and it's working out for you.

When you get out there, be sure to stop by the hospitality site, introduce yourself, make a name tag so you don't have an identity crisis, and then wander around to meet and visit folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterk View Post
    Paid, and I filled out the google sheet, I assumed it saved?
    I do see you listed on the sheet so you are good to go there. Glad to have you aboard.

As for payment and site assignments... Oldgringo is the banker and once he confirms to me when a payment is made, I note that on the spreadsheet. Site assignments will be publicized in the next couple of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintouch98 View Post
    Glad you can join us again. Are you signed up on the planning spreadsheet? I didn't see this SN listed.
    We're getting close, we've been planning for months and those who've followed the pattern above are in the final days of preparation! So...

1. Read the FAQ's,
    2. Register - add their info to the planning spreadsheet,
    3. Make arrangements for a site, (either by sending funds to Oldgringo via PayPal OR booking directly with TPWD, or contact someone with a booked site to see about sharing)

Accurate info on the spreadsheet is the key to appropriate site assignment for those in the block we have booked. Sites are assigned based upon a number of factors only known by what is on the planning spreadsheet.

Assignments are weighted most heavily by the anticipated number of hammocks hanging. If one notes they or some in their group will be in a stand, a tent, or an RV, they are assigned to the sites with the least number of trees and in some cases none suitable for hammocks if the info posted indicate that's not necessary.

With 200 folks signed up, site assignments have already begun. They will be published on the planning spreadsheet by 11/1.

To that end, the bank of Oldgringo closes on 10/30.

(Those going directly with TPWD will have a site assigned in their respective camping areas on a first come, first served basis.)

After months of planning, we are getting down to the final days and the hope is that those attending have already taken the steps to get questions answered and their plans set. Once we hit the week of the hang, that's 1 week from the date of this post, communication may become limited as folks are packing, traveling, and many will be off line.

If there are questions not already addressed, the time to ask them is running short so ask away!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Accurate info on the spreadsheet is the key to appropriate site assignment for those in the block we have booked. Sites are assigned based upon a number of factors only known by what is on the planning spreadsheet.

Assignments are weighted most heavily by the anticipated number of hammocks hanging. If one notes they or some in their group will be in a stand, a tent, or an RV, they are assigned to the sites with the least number of trees and in some cases none suitable for hammocks if the info posted indicate that's not necessary.

With 200 folks signed up, site assignments have already begun. They will be published on the planning spreadsheet by 11/1.

To that end, the bank of Oldgringo closes on 10/30.

(Those going directly with TPWD will have a site assigned in their respective camping areas on a first come, first served basis.)
    As promised, site assignments are now posted on the planning spreadsheet. Please take a look and while there fill in any missing info on your registration line like ETA and other columns as they are applicable.

See you soon in the trees!

Hammock
    Dutchwear Half-zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Costco DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    Counting down the days, looks like we will have good weather

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Do you recall how many hammocks the site you were in last year could support? I'm pretty sure it was good for 3, don't recall if 4 would work without a short walk into the brush.
    I know we had 3 in there, and I had one set up as a demo. But yeah, with a little walk into the brush you could find a few more.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiguyver View Post
    I know we had 3 in there, and I had one set up as a demo. But yeah, with a little walk into the brush you could find a few more.
    Excellent! Gracias.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast