Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Insulation
    Sleepingbag Cocoon
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    We are looking forward to the hang and seeing everyone again! In advance, thank you to all the people who put all this together. You all have done a really great job every year to make this happen. Mike you are an amazing organizer!
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    --J. R. R. Tolkien

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erinkae View Post
    We are looking forward to the hang and seeing everyone again! In advance, thank you to all the people who put all this together. You all have done a really great job every year to make this happen. Mike you are an amazing organizer!
    At 2 1/2 months out, this one is already shaping up really nicely with lots of folks planning on good stuff; many of the plans being favorites from the past along with a few new ideas as well. After, I saw the planning spreadsheet and you list your Pot Luck Dinner contribution, my thoughts are, "If Erinkae is making her Mac and Cheese, all is right in the world".

Your kind words are appreciated and I'm glad you and the furry guy you bring along are joining us again.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Varies...
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post

A fair analogy is that if one is heading to the D/FW metroplex for a Rangers or Cowboys game and deciding where to stay, it is helpful to know the stadiums are in Arlington where there are plenty of accommodations. One could certainly stay in Dallas or in Fort Worth, but doing so gets you close but there's still a commute.
    ^^^ Why would I EVER want to do that?! GO TEXANS! GO WORLD SERIES CHAMPION ASTROS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In vino veritas.

Jeremiah 29:11

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGLONESTAR View Post
    ^^^ Why would I EVER want to do that?! GO TEXANS! GO WORLD SERIES CHAMPION ASTROS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With very few exceptions, I'm nearly always glad to see my second favorite Texas teams do well.

Here's a campsite analogy for my Bayou City friends: When choosing to camp at the water only Springfield loop or RV focused Post Oak instead of Cooks Ferry, one is choosing Richmond or The Woodlands over MinuteMaid Stadium.

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    We're 2 months out! Not time for a countdown, but certainly time to talk about it if you have questions.

If you plan on joining us, please add yourself to the planning spreadsheet if you haven't already. Be sure to put your SN on there as well so we know how to send a PM to you if we need to contact you.

There are still a few sites available in the block where all the festivities will occur so check out the FAQs and if you want one of those sites, shoot the funds to oldgringo.

While there's not a lot of conversation on here, things are certainly hopping. Out of 62 sites blocked, there are already 39 taken and paid for, (48 are spoken for leaving 14 remaining, but some of those who have "spoken for" sites haven't sent funds yet so they may come available if folks have changed their minds).

The early headcount, which always changes, shows 171 signed up. We started, what seems like ages ago, with a couple of dozen folks and it's increased each year with this 10th time looking to be the largest yet! It's going to be quite the adventure for Saturday night Pot Luck dinner with what I can imagine to be a wide selection of dishes.

Last year's Saturday breakfast at Uncle Mike's served over 100 so we're up for the challenge. (Special thanks in advance for those volunteering to help with that event )

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Recon and Rookies 2018

Brand new to hammock camping? Concerned about attending the Fall Group Hang before you've figured our your set up? Here's a chance for a practice run before the big event!

Each year I make a Recon run in advance of our Annual Fall Hang. I touch base with our hosts, walk the sites looking for widowmakers or maintainance issues the parks may not have seen yet and enjoy a campfire and night in the trees.

This year I will be there during the second weekend in October.

My bride and I'll be there doing a Dutch Oven demo and some cooking for an event at the park. There may be a few more helpful veterans there as well. Once we're done with the cooking duties, after lunch on Saturday, we would be glad to help anyone new to hanging set up their gear for the first time.

If you'd like to come, get with TPWD to book a site for Saturday night 10/13. Indicate here or in a PM that you're coming so we can be on the look out for you.

There won't be any planned programs, meals or activities so everyone coming can plan on just camping.

When you arrive, check in, head over to the volleyball area of Cooks Ferry and look for our kitchen set up and hammocks.

So if you'd like to get out there and give it a test run, this time is great for "rookies" to lose that label.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    6 weeks.....tick tock...
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    6 weeks.....tick tock...
    I'd love to be able to speed up the clock getting there then slow it down to enjoy the moments.

Something different this year...

We've had plenty of rain so unless something crazy happens, the words "burn" and "ban" will not be part of any conversation.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    30 - days until the 10th Annual Texas Fall Hang
    3 - days until the recon to count trees, look for widow makers, and identify maintenance issues

189 - currently projected to attend
    48 - participating for the first time

2 - who will have made it to all 10 Fall Hangs

14 - listed but not set for a site - need to share or book
    13 - sites in the main group area not yet claimed

0 - Accurate weather forecasters for our scheduled time there
    86 - Official record high temp
    70 - Historical avg high temp
    31 - Official record low temp
    48 - Historical low temp

4 - The number of emojis more than necessary in this post

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast