Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    That’s great man.

I put in for the weekend off and am waiting to hear back.

I can’t recall how much it cost for a lot - last year I kinda hiked in. I was thinking about doing that again but the notion of having a car with beer and extra clothes in it (last year being chillier than I prefer) sounds good also

Hammock
    Dream Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    EnoAtlas,RingLocks
    Are you sure you reserved B-21? That was the site I had last year, so I reserved it this morning but then saw your comment just now. Hope they aren't letting double booking go through. Here's my confirmation:

Check In:
    Fri, Nov 9, 2018 12:00 PM
    Check Out: Sun, Nov 11, 2018 11:30 AM
    021, Loop B
    Oak Ridge Campground
    Prince William Forest Park

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlost View Post
    Just a side note for those who do not want to play the first come-first serve roulette game, sites in the B-loop are reservable ahead of time. I did this last year just to make sure there'd be enough space. It works for me...but I also know I'm only not coming if it involves loss of life.

Here's a rundown of the B-sites nearest to the A group:
    B25 - Some trees. 2 hammocks wouldn't be an issue, three could be creatively done. Site is shallow and backs up to horseshoe pits.
    B24 - adjacent to the bath house. Almost 0 trees to hang from. Very small site.
    B22/23 -"Joined" sites for all intents and purposes. Decent trees. 2-3 hammocks per site, but individually the sites could be awkward unless you like your neighbor.
    B21 - Deep with good trees. Backs up to horsehoe pits. 3+ hammocks
    B20 - Also deep with good trees. 3-4 hammocks
    B19 - very deep with plenty of trees. 4-5 hammocks without issue

Note the hammock estimates are based on trees, not the rules.

B-21 happens to already be reserved by yours truly though.

That being said, there's never actually been a lack of space. I'm just a nervous nelly.

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 94hokies View Post
    Are you sure you reserved B-21? That was the site I had last year, so I reserved it this morning but then saw your comment just now. Hope they aren't letting double booking go through. Here's my confirmation:

Check In:
    Fri, Nov 9, 2018 12:00 PM
    Check Out: Sun, Nov 11, 2018 11:30 AM
    021, Loop B
    Oak Ridge Campground
    Prince William Forest Park

Apologies. I should have updated. I changed sites to B22 and my buddy reserved B23 since they’re joined sites and we’ll have 5 folks between us.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    Dream Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    EnoAtlas,RingLocks
    Cool. If all works out, it will be me, 14 yo daughter and 16 yo son. They have both attended this event in the past and are looking forward to a non-Boy Scout centric outing.

We will have up a Dream Raven, Blackbird and Hennessy. Two of our UQs are DIY for anyone that wants to take a look.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Only a few more weeks! Who needs gear still? I am going to be using my Ridgerunner so I'll have my XLC w/ winter cover set up and for sale if anyone wants to try then buy so feel free to hop in and take it for a test drive lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    We are still a couple weeks out, but here’s a preliminary snapshot of the weather. So far, it’s looking like it’s shaping up to be a great weekend!

I’ll have extra quilts and throws with me. I have a pretty good feeling I’ll have an extra full-length 40° uq and a 3/4 50° uq that won’t be needed so long as those overnight temps stay where they are. I’ll most likely have a couple costco tqs as well.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlost View Post
    We are still a couple weeks out, but here’s a preliminary snapshot of the weather. So far, it’s looking like it’s shaping up to be a great weekend!

I’ll have extra quilts and throws with me. I have a pretty good feeling I’ll have an extra full-length 40° uq and a 3/4 50° uq that won’t be needed so long as those overnight temps stay where they are. I’ll most likely have a couple costco tqs as well.
    I guess it really is all about the TRIANGLES!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Let's hope the forcast stays pretty close to that. This coming weekend, since my wife and are my youngest daughters daisy scout troop leaders, we had a camping trip planned which will now most likely get rained out. Total bummer! The last time we went camping with the entire troop was back in June @ Hershey Park in PA, it started to rain as we were packing up Sunday morning to come home. The time before that it rained a little the first night , but the second night it rained so hard only me, my wife & daughter and another woman & her daughter were the only ones that stuck it out the second night . The funny thing is, I was the only person out of over 150 that was actually sleeping outside, everyone else were in cabins! SO an accurate weather forcast is key.
    More importantly though, who is sleeping w/o a big net??? Im ready to take mine off until spring but I still hear insects which are spider food and the ground isn't frozen solid yet lol . Ill If you know me you know my issue with them and if not , here's why : https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...autionary+tale .
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

I’ve already removed my netting. Or should I say replaced it with the top cover.

I’m also camping this weekend with the church youth group. Have seven setups for kids that wanna try. But The latest forcast is really raining on my parade though. We’ll probably move indoors since there are bunk rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

I’ll probably have the top cover on. It worked pretty well at MAHHA...

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast