Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Yup, usually oil based for moisturizing the skin. The tats fade/get fuzzy if you don’t keep the skin healthy. I’ve had solid one based on bees wax and oil based before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adding it on my calendar...hope I can make it

are you adding the event to your FB page?
    Last edited by Akela; 09-09-2018 at 08:22.

Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness Seeker View Post
    If you are sleeping on the ground because you do not have another hammock and quilts. I will bring an extra set up for you. It will be in my jeep if you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlost View Post
    Likewise, I’ll have extra setups as well. Ground by choice only. . Never by necessity.

Wilderness Seeker and Wanderlost, you guys rock.

Let me give you a little info. My son got hooked on hammocking from a friend of ours and wants to get me into it as well. He only has a cheap hammock right now but wants to upgrade as he is able. He's kinda into the make it yourself thing (he just bought a Costco down throw), but is also eyeballing the dutch chameleon which was highly recommended by our friend. I do not own a hammock, though I intend to buy one, however I'm totally bewildered by the options available. I don't know if I sleep right or hang left or prefer a bridge, who knows. I looked closely at the Blackbird XLC online but I'm not married to it. Neither of us are very tall, though he is still growing! I have a tent, but that wouldn't be to classy to show up to a hang and sleep on the ground right....

We were hoping to check out everbody elses gear and see if we could get some idea of what we would like. If you guys or anybody else is kind enough to let us check out your setups or even to let us try some different options, we would be really into it. I'm hoping to arrive a little early for the hang, and get a chance to meet some of you folks.

Thanks everyone for your hospitality!

Hammock
    Wanderlust SE Robin's Egg Blue
    Tarp
    Wanderlust Special
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Gilmore, now you have opened a can of worms! One thing about hammock campers is that we love to show people our gear. We can talk for hours about the pros and cons of any possible set up. We will show you what we have and tell you what we would buy if money wasn’t an issue. Watch out for those do-it-yourselfers, too! They are creative and will give you a thousand ways to make what you want, offer to make it for you, or even show you how right on the spot.

We will let you borrow our extra gear to help you see what you like. Nevermind that these are usually our cast-offs which have been rejected for fancier gear. Honestly, though, most of it is good stuff and perfect for those starting out.

Definitely come and hang with us. We will teach you and will help you to narrow down the possibilities for your own set up.

Be forewarned. Once the hammock bug has bit you, there is no turning back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Wilderness Seeker's Avatar
    Hammock
    SLD TL, AMOK
    Tarp
    SLD TH, WB SF
    Insulation
    JRB GL3,GL4,HSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    When I got into hammocking a few years ago, I wished that there was one place close I could go to try out different hammocks before I bought one . Well, these hammock hangs are the place. There are gathered ends, 90 degree, bridge, and even tree hammocks that are triangle shape that require 3 trees. I could not make my mind up so I started a collection, I have one of each style. except for the tree hammock. I will throw a couple in my jeep and we can set them up so you can view them. I have a DIY Bed Bath and Beyond top and under quilt I made that you can use as well. There is always somebody that brings spare gear so there usually is a large selection of spare stuff out there. Yes it is a sickness with no cure. See you out there, I usually show up early as well.

I’ll be using a Blackbird xlc you can check out.

I also have an old Kammock that’s pretty much the same thing as an eno, if you want to see what that’s like

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gilmore362 View Post
    Wilderness Seeker and Wanderlost, you guys rock.

Let me give you a little info. My son got hooked on hammocking from a friend of ours and wants to get me into it as well. He only has a cheap hammock right now but wants to upgrade as he is able. He's kinda into the make it yourself thing (he just bought a Costco down throw), but is also eyeballing the dutch chameleon which was highly recommended by our friend. I do not own a hammock, though I intend to buy one, however I'm totally bewildered by the options available. I don't know if I sleep right or hang left or prefer a bridge, who knows. I looked closely at the Blackbird XLC online but I'm not married to it. Neither of us are very tall, though he is still growing! I have a tent, but that wouldn't be to classy to show up to a hang and sleep on the ground right....

We were hoping to check out everbody elses gear and see if we could get some idea of what we would like. If you guys or anybody else is kind enough to let us check out your setups or even to let us try some different options, we would be really into it. I'm hoping to arrive a little early for the hang, and get a chance to meet some of you folks.

Thanks everyone for your hospitality!
    I'll be bringing my Ridgerunner w/ CDT Lynx clone that's overstuffed and has faux baffles, 40° Econ Burrow zip and Old Man Winter tarp. I might also have my 11' diy argon 1.6 with dual knotty mod, 35° overstuffed CDT UQ, 40° overstuffed CDT TQ or my Snugpack TQ, UQ and Cocoon and 12' Chill Gorilla Hex tarp if a friend of mine comes with me. I also might bring my HG custom -10° Incubator & Burrow set to show off since a few people have asked me about it. Your more than welcome to check out any of my stuff if it helps. I'll be there around noon Friday.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Oh, and I might have my XLC ( not new model) for sale and set up if your interested. It's got the winter cover and whoopie suspension. It does have a few tiny holes in the net by the zipper that I patched from the "raccoon incident of '16 " , no other flaws or problems with it. I just don't use it anymore since i got my Ridgerunner and want to try out the new HG hammock.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Ooooo I’d love to try out that ridge runner for a few seconds, if that’s ok

I’m so intrigued by the notion of a bridge hammock

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    It does have a few tiny holes in the net by the zipper that I patched from the "raccoon incident of '16 " .
    Ha Ha... you've definitely tweaked my curiosity! Remind me to ask for the whole story!

Everybody, this sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! We can't wait to get there.

P.S. I am bringing a 16 year old. Any craziness I should prepared him for? LOL Who am I kidding, this kid has pretty much seen it all.

Oh, and so far as meals are concerned, do you'all do community meals where everybody throws something in, or do people pretty much cook their own grub in their own space?

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast