Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

MI - Gluttony Hang No. 5 - Gaylord/Elmira, Nov. 1-4, 2018

The title says it all, Gluttony #5 is soon to be upon us. It's time to start planning for the 5th Annual 2018 Gluttony Hang, taking place Thursday, Nov. 1 to Sunday, Nov. 4. From it's humble start at a campsite in Pinney Bridge CG, this year we are back at last years site on private property, approximately 15 miles southwest of Gaylord, MI. This 120 acre tract is owned by Turkey's (Ed) father-in-law Gary and he's letting us use it again. The NCT and the Jordan River Valley are only a few miles away.

There are acres of hardwood forest where you can setup anywhere. The improved farm road to the location is fine for a car or truck. On the edge of the woods, there will be a plowed (if snow) or mowed area for parking. At the back of the field, next to the woods will be the Gluttony 2018 base camp with firepit, tables, pop-up canopies (bring one if you've got one) and a rented super-sized porta-john nearby. Cost of the weekend is $15 to cover the porta-john, paper plates and a nice dinner out for the property owner. Bring jugs of water, so we don't disturb the property owner. There is plenty of firewood available. If you need any other supplies, the local Meijer is less than 20 minutes away in Gaylord and there's a party store nearby.

Since the Gluttony theme is tried and true, we're sticking with it for 2018. All food is cooked over the fire on the grill, cast iron frying pan or dutch oven. Bacon on the hour and there is always something on the table to graze from. Disclosure: last year we ran out of bacon, so we don't want to repeat that again. The options are endless, so feel free to bring whatever you want to share with the group.

Once again, we'll have another repeat of ever popular craft beer tasting, and if we're lucky, they'll be a special brew created in honor of Gluttony #5. As we get closer to the hang, we'll have a better idea of how many are attending, so people can plan accordingly. If anyone wants to bring some small (or large) items for trading or selling, bring it along and see if you can find it a new home.

Please feel free to post what food/meal you plan on bringing. Here's the link to the google document.

Come on out and join us at this years hang! It's always great connecting with old friends and making new ones. Not sure if you've got the gear to handle the colder weather? Mention it when you reply to the thread and I'm sure someone can help you out. So come one, come all and let's start off the Michigan winter hang season.

Curious about what goes on at the Gluttony, here's some previous reports:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...19#post1834219
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ember-3-6-2016
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...g-Nov-6-8-2015

Map:
    Last edited by michigandave; 07-24-2018 at 07:37.

Hammock
    Chimera
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoppies/straps
    cant wait. The wife and I will be there.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    As usual, I'll have to pass due to my hunting trip soon after. The boss at home will deny a pass, so I don't even bother asking. Can't blame her since fall is always busy.

Bacon though! Always looks like a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    As usual, I'll have to pass due to my hunting trip soon after. The boss at home will deny a pass, so I don't even bother asking. Can't blame her since fall is always busy.

Bacon though! Always looks like a good time.
    Gotta keep the better half happy and we will miss your weather monitoring skills.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    It's on the calendar
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm out (again) this year as November is going to be a busy month for us. However, I've got the February hang on the calendar!
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I expect to arrive Friday evening after work (I promise I won’t show up in a suit and tie lol) as a coworker already has that time scheduled off.
    Food:TBD along with coffee and such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ phoenix/ HHSS
    As long as life doesn't get in the way again, I ( and probably Todd) will be there!
    Sam

Hammock
    Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    Time to start the Cool Weather Hammock Engines!!

I've been thinking about this for months during the hot weather this year. Think summer is finally letting go of the heat and nights are beginning to cool off for perfect sleeping conditions.

On the calendar and thinking about food choices. Since this is car camping at it's finest, too much stuff is always allowed.... /snicker

Planning on early Thursday to Sunday, I'll firm up plans as the date gets closer. Can't get here soon enough, been too long without cool overnight temps....

Gregori

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* + 2oz, Full
    Suspension
    DIY UCR, 1" Straps
    Unfortunately Beth and I won't be able to make it this time around. Should be able to get to the winter hang though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast