Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    60s in the basement at home. I use my 20° UQ and just a light blanket on top. 20° is overkill for sure, but it is what I have and it works. I do have a CDT that I am going to make into an UQ for summer and basement hangs, just have not had the time to do it yet.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 20*
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I use a 40* UQ all year long inside my bedroom.
    I'd rather be hanging.

Hammock
    Tribe, RBTR AH, GTUL
    Insulation
    AHE, Snugpak
    Suspension
    June Bugs, webbing
    For indoor hanging, I always use an UQ (learned that CBS lesson the first night). Primarily, I use a 1-season AHE New River UQ.

In the winter, I stack a Snugpak UQ inside the New River (thermostat set to 60F).
    I sleep inside a SeaToSummit Toaster Fleece and use a Yukon Outfitters Wildfire Trail TQ.

In spring and fall, I sleep inside a SeaToSummit Thermolite Reactor Extreme (orange) and use a Snugpak TQ.

On hot and humid summer nights, I relocate to a cooler section of the house and use an ENO Ember 2 UQ and sometimes a SeaToSummit cotton liner or a Thermarest lightweight blanket (the one with a snap that creates a footbox effect).

A gear hammock (cheap $5 kids hammock) provides easy access to the next warmer layer TQ, just in case.

I recently bought a Klymit Insulated Hammock Pad (the orange one with wings), but haven't had a chance to use it.

When funds become available, I want to get a 3-season AHE New River UQ.
    Find your inner hammock.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I use a SnugPak UQ both indoors and outdoors. Indoors I just fit it loosely depending on the room temperature. I sleep in a basement room without climate control.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    DIY Costco down UQ and TQ.
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I made myself an underquilt that is good by itself to the upper 50's and to the lower 50's with its snap-in fleece liner. Yes, I do keep my house rather cool at night in the winter. If it is really warm, I just slip it off to the side.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Indoor hangers insulation

I use a 40 degree underquilt. the house thermostat is set to 65 at night. the 40 degree quilt could take me into the 40s for sure as long as the wind isn't too bad.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigE94 View Post
    DIY Costco down UQ and TQ.
    +1

I tried to sleep without UQ two nights ago. AC was set to 74 and my backside got cold at 3:30am.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    In summer I use my Snugpak UQ or Snugpak Jungle Blanket UQ and a poly sleeping bag liner that I got from Wal-Mart and made into a TQ shape or my diy C/S apex 3.6 TQ . In mid-late fall and early spring I mostly use either my Snugpak Cocoon or the Snugpak UQ & TQ w/wo the poly TQ liner. In winter, I use an overstuffed CDT UQ and overstuffed CDT TQ w/ Snugpak Thermalon ™ bag liner that I also made into a TQ shape or The Snugpak Cocoon and Snugpak TQ + the poly liner.

That may seem like overkill in the winter for hanging inside, but my house was built in the early 50's after the war. It was originally much smaller and intended to be a just summer cottage. My Grandparents bought it in the early 60's and doubled it's size, adding the fireplace, baseboard heaters, insulation and a basement under the addition. After we bought it from my dad, I installed new windows in the whole house and new insulation in the attic. Even after that it's still extremely cold and drafty in the winter. My master bedroom is farthest from the fireplace and doesn't have a southern exposure. It ends up being either really cold or too hot depending if the baseboard heat is on or not. So we usually just keep it set low and add blankets/clothing as needed. I've even used my old 0° quilt set inside before lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

due too slowly healing from some fractured ribs I've been sleeping in my hammock indoors off an on for the last couple weeks. most nights I'm fine with just an old down throw as a top quilt. some nights if i feel chilled I'll use an underquilt. my hg 20econ is a bit of overkill but my Western mountaineering slinglite 20 seems to be just right. I personally think that it's more of a 30* uq than a 20 but that's neither here nor there. if I get too warm I can always just pull it off to the side and cool down a bit.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast